MG5 EV Range is Very Exaggerated

My 320d used to get 25mpg around town, so i guess my MG5 feels twice as economical than it should.
I once got 3mpg from a Volvo V70R AWD - although that was 150mph uphill on a motorway at 3am when I could be sure it was quiet, testing the ECU remap - the MG5 isn't appreciably slower to 60mph (if you control the wheelspin)

Thankfully I survived long enough to mature responsibly.

Last edited:
I once got 3mpg from a Volvo V70R AWD - although that was 150mph uphill on a motorway at 3am when I could be sure it was quiet, testing the ECU remap - the MG5 isn't appreciably slower to 60mph (if you control the wheelspin)

Thankfully I survived long enough to mature responsibly.
Doesn't the MG5 speedo go up to 150mph? ;)

Is there anyone not on Octopus go ? :cool:
Me.
Prior to the recent hefty price rises it was not economical for me. The day time rates far exceeded the savings I would have made from 4 hours overnight charging.
However....now I am with Octopus as an ex-Avro customer and have requested a meter upgrade with the intention of moving to Go as and when.

Me - I’m still with SSE on their economy 10 tariff as I have electric central heating. I just don’t like gas and had it removed.
The EV Puzzle has been looking at moving to full electric heating too - combined with a couple of solar arrays and batteries to essentially go off grid - or energy independent I think he called it

Is there anyone not on Octopus go ? :cool:
Me lol. I actually think from what I read on prices that Octopus Go is more expensive than other providers. The short cheap rate at night is cancelled by the more expensive tarrif for the rest of the day.

I was on a (anytime) rate of 14p with People's Energy, now on 21p with British Gas.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom