MG5 Facelift Charging Flp

Bovyboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi
Just broke my charging flap of my car, ahhh
To be fair to myself its not the most robust item it could be, i pushed it to open and it opens with a little finger force then went snap.
I've superglued it back on for now at it snapped on the plastic hinge.
1. Do you think they will replace under warranty.
2. Maybe I should not have glued it 🤔.
3. Felt I should glue it or stuff might go into area.
4.will car even move without the locking mech engaged if I didn't put it back on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi
Just broke my charging flap of my car, ahhh
To be fair to myself its not the most robust item it could be, i pushed it to open and it opens with a little finger force then went snap.
I've superglued it back on for now at it snapped on the plastic hinge.
1. Do you think they will replace under warranty.
2. Maybe I should not have glued it 🤔.
3. Felt I should glue it or stuff might go into area.
4.will car even move without the locking mech engaged if I didn't put it back on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Hey

I snapped my clean off on the black arm that holds it in.

Firstly I can confirm you can drive with the flap open as that is partly how mine broke.

If yours has broken like mine did they have to remove the front bumper to replace it. Ended up costing just over £300 to replace it. They tried a warranty replacement but it was rejected by MG.

If you are going to get it fixed you do not loose anything trying for a warranty replacement.

Snap, me too. Sorry poor joke.
Glad too hear its not just me, seems to me the plastic is really brittle, you'd have thought it would have a metal reinforcement strip in it.
Eek £300 squids, I've got the car booked into Poole MG start of next month. I will def try for a warranty repair.
I spoke to thier spares guys and it's normally the zs that gets the charging port snapped off Apparently 😳.
Thanks for the heads up comrade.

Snap, me too. Sorry poor joke.
Glad too hear its not just me, seems to me the plastic is really brittle, you'd have thought it would have a metal reinforcement strip in it.
Eek £300 squids, I've got the car booked into Poole MG start of next month. I will def try for a warranty repair.
I spoke to thier spares guys and it's normally the zs that gets the charging port snapped off Apparently 😳.
Thanks for the heads up comrade.
It’s one thing you only do once specially at that price. Every time I charge I now look at that flap and see pound signs so unlikely to forget to close it. I also wrapped the charge cable cover around the flap as a second reminder.

As a note the dealer gave me MG contact deals so I am going to write to them and dispute the warranty as the dealer thought it should have been covered. Doubt it will help but again only 5 mins of my time to write an email so worth it in my books.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom