MG5 facelift having trouble opening passenger door

I have mine booked in for a service and to look at this in a month but it’s becoming more problematic so gonna get them to sort it sooner!

The ZS EV is affected by the same condition.
A batch of faulty locking mechanisms is the common theory on it cause.
A relatives ZS EV ( Gen2 ) was found to have a defective lock on the front passengers side on collection day.
A few weeks later, it was discovered that the passengers side rear door would not open from the inside either.
Both mechanisms replaced under warranty was the fix.
Not sure, but I suspect that the locking mechanisms are similar on other MG models.
This would explain why the problem has migrated across.

I’m having the same issue on my MG5 facelift version (1 year old). Internal door opening doesn’t work on passenger side despite clicking the unlock button - works sporadically on the 3/4/5th click of the unlocking button, but getting worse.

started on the passenger side front, issue now also on the rear passenger side

I’m an owner of an MG5 refreshed and seeing the same issue. The passenger side door won’t open from the inside and despite many clicks of the central unlocking system it still gets stuck. Often it can take up to 10 presses of the unlocking system to get it open. It opens from the outside.

Looks like the same issue as others are reporting.
Pull the handle to open the door and let it go so it snaps back, now pull the handle again the door will open.

My better half encounters it constantly ( as does g/daughter on n/s rear)! However, with front passenger door I lean over and 'double' pull on the handle (quick 1..2). This works everytime?
nb. I can only assume she pulls on the handle (slowly) + I've not got to the drivers door 'locks' to release them .. quick enough?

As to the rear n/s door this works fine once I disengage the 'locks' on drivers door. nb. Some of the times I may have switched off as well, but can't be certain. Generally I've the same issue(s), but the 'double' pull is very effective.

My better half encounters it constantly ( as does g/daughter on n/s rear)! However, with front passenger door I lean over and 'double' pull on the handle (quick 1..2). This works everytime?
nb. I can only assume she pulls on the handle (slowly) + I've not got to the drivers door 'locks' to release them .. quick enough?

As to the rear n/s door this works fine once I disengage the 'locks' on drivers door. nb. Some of the times I may have switched off as well, but can't be certain. Generally I've the same issue(s), but the 'double' pull is very effective.
There is a fault which is fixable under warranty whereby the doors do not open. This is obviously a safety concern if you ever need to vacate the car quickly.
However when you mention the quick 1..2 do you mean this.....(p.s. I've not tried unlocking the rear doors from inside myself, only ever sat there once. :)

1705410376263.png

Picked up my 2023 FL ex demo today…i asked my friend (he was dropping me at the dealer) to jump in and show him the car…he got stuck inside as the passanger door couldn’t be open. Not a great start, replacement part should be ordered next week…not happy new customer neither wife 😅

Picked up my 2023 FL ex demo today…i asked my friend (he was dropping me at the dealer) to jump in and show him the car…he got stuck inside as the passanger door couldn’t be open. Not a great start, replacement part should be ordered next week…not happy new customer neither wife 😅
See post #43

There was a known issues with early FL with faulty passenger door locks. I had to have both mine replaced.

No matter how many times you pulled the handle they would not open from the inside.

Make sure the check all passenger doors.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom