MG5 Facelift Insurance

A few months ago I checked compare the market for quotes on on of the registrations I saw on YouTube. Can't recall exactly now, but it was just to get an idea until my car arrives. I do know that it was very similar to my Soul EV price.

Given that the group (31 I think) for the facelift seems to be known, maybe a comparison could be done by putting down some other group 31 car just to get a price? If I get time maybe I'll have a go tomorrow. Incidentally what's the group number for the LR Exclusive?

Hi not sure if this may be of help to some but October 15 when we pick up the wife’s Mg4 we had trouble getting it insured but the dealer gives us 5 days cover through MG insurance well in fact what he did was contact MG insurance while we where with him in his office and then gave the phone to my wife who had to answer a load of question the usable stuff about driving record etc and then issued her with 5 days cover for free and said they would e-mail a quote for a full year which was outrageously expensive but it got us home so on getting home I found the best price I could get was with NFU they had all the the correct details about the car when loads of others where say we can’t quote you on that car as you are finding here give them a try NFU.
Les

I have been facing the same issue from last week. Have called almost 6-7 insurers with no joy. The moment they see its not listed they say we cant insure you. I ended up calling DVLA giving bit of worry on why isnt the reg number is not showing up still. They say its not a Live system and would take god knows how many days/weeks. On the insurance part they suggested me to call the BIBA when I called they forwarded to me a broker Adrian Flux, the agent took note of everything and assured me a quote back. Nothing came so far. I am dead stuck with this, frustrated really. Me too have tried directline with no joy, but will try again tomorrow lets see if someone else picks up.

A Plan insure several of my vehicles and I had no issues getting quotes for the LR exclusive when it first launched in 21. Equally after just 2 days of ownership they replaced my broken windscreen by VIN without so much as a grumble.

A Plan insure several of my vehicles and I had no issues getting quotes for the LR exclusive when it first launched in 21. Equally after just 2 days of ownership they replaced my broken windscreen by VIN without so much as a grumble.
Yeah, its not the problem with Exclusive, we are facing the problem with the facelift version that's called SE and Trophy trims, and these are not registered in any of the insurance site yet. God knows why there are delays.

I tried A-plan but they quoted me at £1300 for the facelift compared to £360 for my quote on a pre-facelift model on comparison sites. I collected my car yesterday and currently have 5 day insurance from MG for free, they also quoted to insure the car for £1300 for the year which I declined. Hopefully by the time the 5 day free insurance is up reasonable quotes will be available on comparison sites

Does anyone know what the insurance group is for the pre-facelift. I am told the Facelift is group 31.

...Update from my previous message, I can, as of today, get quotes on comparison sites using my number plate which was registered 2 days ago, but it shows as MG ZR!

Last edited:
Answered my own questions. Comparethemarket says the pre-facelift was group 27.
Now that makes little or no sense to me group 27-31, as apart from a new front end and interior changes nothing is much different really, in fact if anything the safety features should be now be better so it must be down to the increase in cost. Can’t see any other reason.
Les

...Update from my previous message, I can, as of today, get quotes on comparison sites using my number plate which was registered 2 days ago. I could not get quotes using just 'make and model of car'.
My advice would be to get the 5 days free insurance, wait a day or two, then give it a go. Worked for me!
Hey thanks for the update.

I just tried that and sadly my car is still coming back as two options both being petrol. I have had my physical reg for a week now. :-(
I will keep trying.

Now that makes little or no sense to me group 27-31, as apart from a new front end and interior changes nothing is much different really, in fact if anything the safety features should be now be better so it must be down to the increase in cost. Can’t see any other reason.
Les
Maybe it is sexier looking and more people want to steel it lol.

But seriously I think until the insurance companies actually have the information it may be a little bit of guess work.

Question - Does the MG5 Trophy comes with the anti-theft vehicle tracking device?

Just tried MG Insurance, they couldn't find the car from the number plate.
Entered it manually as an MG5 Trophy and they said that that they couldn't provide a quote. If MG can't insure the car, there's not much hope for anyone else.
Hi, i have the name and contact details for the agent who was dealing with me if you'd still like to try them as he emailed me afterwards as i was shocked at the price. Let me know if you want them.

Hi, i have the name and contact details for the agent who was dealing with me if you'd still like to try them as he emailed me afterwards as i was shocked at the price. Let me know if you want them.
Hi you say he were shocked at the price but in what way can I ask.
Les

Hi you say he were shocked at the price but in what way can I ask.
Les
Hi Les

Thus was the agent I spoke to, but I was unable the accept the quote as it was too much for me.
Never know you might be able to get a better price.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 60
I got a telephone quote from LV, they will update my insurance when the New MG5 comes on there database

Sorry I should of said they are at present using the MG5 exclusive as a guide, and quoting on that model

Thinking about it, think what might have helped me with Direct Line is that I went through the whole quote process online (putting vehicle as LR Exclusive), got a price, and then I phoned them saying I was happy with the quote but explaining that the model name wasn't correct. That's when she said let's just leave it as Exclusive and attach a note saying its actually a Trophy.

Perhaps because she knew they were going to get some money from me, and she didn't have to go through all the questions by phone, it might have tipped the balance.

Perhaps if I'd done it all by phone she would have given up at the "What model is It" stage which is near the beginning.

I was successful with Direct Line this morning with this approach. Thanks for suggesting and outlining it.

I was successful with Direct Line this morning with this approach. Thanks for suggesting and outlining it.
The correct details - MG5 EV Trophy - now appears on most of the comparison websites, but none of them end up giving me a quote - I wonder if anyone else is finding this also.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom