MG5 facelift Review Thread

Appearantly the mg 5 failed big time during the 1000km challenge live stream. I am curious how he will bring this fact. To be continued.

Do people like this guys videos? He is just the usual boring impatient self important t*t :ROFLMAO: . Oh, let the device/car catch up with your impatient random button/touch screen punching - oh it works! Hows that?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He"s so tired, he has to do the video - No he doesn't! Jeeshh, really!

I don't really bother with stuff like this, I find it's often sensationalised. I have the car and I like to think I can form my own judgement of it, although it is also good to read of the experiences of others here on this forum

Do people like this guys videos? He is just the usual boring impatient self important t*t :ROFLMAO: . Oh, let the device/car catch up with your impatient random button/touch screen punching - oh it works! Hows that?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He"s so tired, he has to do the video - No he doesn't! Jeeshh, really!
Well all the other journalists have the car for a day and are very shallow. With Bjorn you actually get a sort of scientific comparison of the car towards the competition. If it is not for you than do not bother but IMHO he is the only reviewer worth watching if you want to know what your future car will be like.

The MG 5 charging test and the acceleration and noise tests are out.

I hope MG get a good kicking over this as it's inexcusable. Should've been sorted by now.
To be fair to MG, this also happened to the Ora Kat on his test so I don't think it's isolated to MG. I'm sure I've also heard about it happening to Ioniqs (can't recall the source, sorry). If I'm mistaken on the last point then maybe it is just Chinese cars.

To be fair to MG, this also happened to the Ora Kat on his test so I don't think it's isolated to MG. I'm sure I've also heard about it happening to Ioniqs (can't recall the source, sorry). If I'm mistaken on the last point then maybe it is just Chinese cars.
I think it has to do with SW, in the beginning polestar also had SW issues charging at CCS chargers. What people tend to forget is that there are a lot of different manufacturers of CCS chargers and all will have a slightly different behavior that the car needs to be able to cooperate with. MG needs to take this review/criticism and make sure their car will be compatible by updating the SW accordingly.

Other reviews online were complaining about road and windnoise. If you see the tests of Bjorn the noise levels are not out of the order compared to the competition. This is why his tests have more value over general automotive journalists.

I was thinking more that this problem was something that had been happening to the MG ZS facelift and should've been sorted but rather has just been re-applied to the latest MG5.

Just drove my new facelift MG5 home, I'm very happy with it. My last "car" was a Citroen Berlingo MPV so take this with a spoonful of salt but its a really good drive. It corners nicely tons of acceration and smooth ish ride. A tad bumpy but I'm used to van like wallowing so it's all good. All the dials and controls look quality and it's very comfy. My wife had no complaints in the passenger side and kids happy with room in the back.
Indicator is a bit loud tick tocking, but that might be because I'm used to a rumbling diesel in the front. I got lots of admiring looks from other ev drivers at the chargers.
All in all a very solid purchase, hope this helps.

Just drove my new facelift MG5 home, I'm very happy with it. My last "car" was a Citroen Berlingo MPV so take this with a spoonful of salt but its a really good drive. It corners nicely tons of acceration and smooth ish ride. A tad bumpy but I'm used to van like wallowing so it's all good. All the dials and controls look quality and it's very comfy. My wife had no complaints in the passenger side and kids happy with room in the back.
Indicator is a bit loud tick tocking, but that might be because I'm used to a rumbling diesel in the front. I got lots of admiring looks from other ev drivers at the chargers.
All in all a very solid purchase, hope this helps.
Very cool!

I don't suppose you fancy downloading the manual from your app (it looks like it should be getting it from the car itself) and sharing it here do you? Hopefully that will be an actual UK MG5 Facelift Manual, which doesn't seem to exist anywhere else on the internet...

Very cool!

I don't suppose you fancy downloading the manual from your app (it looks like it should be getting it from the car itself) and sharing it here do you? Hopefully that will be an actual UK MG5 Facelift Manual, which doesn't seem to exist anywhere else on the internet...
Try this if you have your VIN

Just tried that, and it’s the EU version (left hand drive) ☹️

That’s why I am hoping that someone who actually has the car can get it from the app (or from the infotainment system)…

Very cool!

I shall definitely try, hopefully today.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom