MG5 Facelift SE (not Trophy) Preconditioning

Grandadgeorgec

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, there is another thread that touches on a problem with iSmart and precondioning AC, but I want to aim this thread specificaly at SE owners. It appears Trophy owners with Climate Control (Auto) are not affected.

In my SE, iSmart lets you use the AC function happily but when checking the car there is evidence of cooling or heating depending on the temperature set in the app but little or no fan blower. Result is car does not cool or heat.

I emailed MG UK and Gary Smart replied, try using Auto and their is no option to change the fan speed but maybe in the furure. I reminded him SE does not have Auto feature, the reply being "I understand, unfortunately, the auto functionality is the only element that would have improved this at this time." I intend to continue the discussion with him and push for a resolution, but not hopeful.

I am aware from the other thread that at least one other SE owner has this problem. Could other SE owners let me know if theirs works as expected or suffer the same poblem?👴

Hi SE owner here and yes same issue. Firstly have to set temperature manually (initially seems to be set to 21 or 22 I think?) But then no way to change the fan.

Cool air does come out the vents but at a trickle.

Definitely not a good feature as it is.

Hi SE owner here and yes same issue. Firstly have to set temperature manually (initially seems to be set to 21 or 22 I think?) But then no way to change the fan.

Thanks for the confirmation.👴

Hi, there is another thread that touches on a problem with iSmart and precondioning AC, but I want to aim this thread specificaly at SE owners. It appears Trophy owners with Climate Control (Auto) are not affected.

In my SE, iSmart lets you use the AC function happily but when checking the car there is evidence of cooling or heating depending on the temperature set in the app but little or no fan blower. Result is car does not cool or heat.

I emailed MG UK and Gary Smart replied, try using Auto and their is no option to change the fan speed but maybe in the furure. I reminded him SE does not have Auto feature, the reply being "I understand, unfortunately, the auto functionality is the only element that would have improved this at this time." I intend to continue the discussion with him and push for a resolution, but not hopeful.

I am aware from the other thread that at least one other SE owner has this problem. Could other SE owners let me know if theirs works as expected or suffer the same poblem?👴
Nudge to any SE Facelift owners?👴

It looks as if we may be the only SE owners on here that have this problem. No further replies from MG so I think I will book it in to my local dealer, probably be a couple of months wait for a booking but no rush.👴

Thanks for the confirmation.👴

Nudge to any SE Facelift owners?👴

It looks as if we may be the only SE owners on here that have this problem. No further replies from MG so I think I will book it in to my local dealer, probably be a couple of months wait for a booking but no rush.👴
Just reviving my old post on this problem to see if any SE owners can successfully use preconditioning via the app. Not getting anywhere with MG or the dealer and still not functioning correctly as per my earlier post.👴👴

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom