MG5 FL mobile network iSMART

crispyjay

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Does anybody know which mobile network the MG5 uses for the remote iSMART communication?

Mine is working fine at home for pre-warming in the mornings but has stopped communicating parked at the office so I can’t check it’s still charging (chargers occasionally trip and then I can’t get home!)

From what I can gather the on board sim card isn't tied to any individual network but works across all networks.

Well for some reason my outdoor office car park has lost signal now for 2 days. Drove home tonight and regained signal after 10miles. No e-call fault so that must be a different system?

Has been fine for last 7 months so very strange.

Usually with those multi network sims the modem will attach to a different network In the case of no signal.

However it’s rarely the case that the modem will go off channel to network search if it’s “connected” to a network, so you can get into situations where there’s either a fault or congestion stopping you getting anything useful in terms of data throughput but the modem will happily think it’s connected.

Back to office yesterday and was working again. Now at home and not working. 2 places I know have good signal so either car is playing up or is it MG servers?

I regularly check iSmart both home & at local charge point (Tesco Twickenham). Most times at home it connects whilst at Tesco 50/50 success & invariably having to re-Login? Last week (early evening) it failed to connect; an hour later OK. I suspect remote Server(s) & never the Network(s).

Just bought an MG4. I struggle to connect to it when it is parked on my drive (especially when the weather is bad). I happen to know that Vodafone and O2 are total crap in my rural location, so I suspect that MG sims are fixed to one of them.

Looking at the FW versions using eZS, the device used seems to be a TBOX 4G modem, no info what network it’s using but the roaming theory seems to make sense…

I'm in twickenham & find iSmart does not connect at some odd times. Network connections I'm not convinced is the issue, I suspect MG server(s).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom