MG5 Jan 2021 - stops charging on 13a chargers

Tom McConnell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My MG5 short range from January 2021 is charging fine via CCS and my home 7kw charger.

However when using a 13a granny charger is stops charging after a few minutes.

I have tried three different 13a chargers all with the same fault. But all using the same 13a socket…..

My wife‘s Subaru Salterra EV charges fine on the same 13a chargers and the same socket.

Any suggestions what I should try/do next ?

Thanks !

Age old question, do you have any powerline network adaptors (not wifi extenders) plugged in anywhere in the house ?

My MG5 short range from January 2021 is charging fine via CCS and my home 7kw charger.

However when using a 13a granny charger is stops charging after a few minutes.

I have tried three different 13a chargers all with the same fault. But all using the same 13a socket…..

My wife‘s Subaru Salterra EV charges fine on the same 13a chargers and the same socket.

Any suggestions what I should try/do next ?

Thanks !
Try a different socket since apart from the car that's the only common factor.

I do, but the car and charger are not connected to WiFi etc
OK but as @akendall1966 said above the powerline, the sort you plug an ethernet cable into - not wifi extenders, are sending internetty type signals all round the house wiring which affect MGs for some reason.
Unplug the one at the router end that feeds the house wiring and try charging again.
As I said it's an old question, do a search for powerline on this forum you'll see it's a well discussed problem.
:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom