MG5 Long Range difference in the boot?

GorillaWheels

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just spotted some plastic brackets on a new long range MG5 that don’t appear to be on the original MG5. Any ideas what they are considering it doesn’t have an adjustable boot floor? These look like they might get in the way or get broken?

663DF500-9B9A-4673-B6A8-2A1679836CAB.png

95EF1338-0054-4365-8588-A20CD4A59AFA.png

The second photo is an Exclusive and I’m sure the press car was an Exclusive as it had roof bars. Some new feature we are not aware of?… Answers on a postcard 😂

Dave

Possibility to raise boot floor? Looks like a crease along the floor about the same width as the fittings suggesting the ability to lift it whilst the back stays in place?

Just spotted some plastic brackets on a new long range MG5 that don’t appear to be on the original MG5. Any ideas what they are considering it doesn’t have an adjustable boot floor? These look like they might get in the way or get broken?

View attachment 4146
View attachment 4147

The second photo is an Exclusive and I’m sure the press car was an Exclusive as it had roof bars. Some new feature we are not aware of?… Answers on a postcard 😂

Dave
Certainly looks like it's for A floor. Also a net on both sides. Wonder if that means a new boot tray design?

Good spot - the floor looks more ‘substantial’ now and pocket on left has different design as well as the net 👍

Would be interesting to see inside the boot on European facelift model - I wonder if the Long Range got a few more of the common components that just the upgraded battery pack 🤔.

Last edited:
Possibility to raise boot floor? Looks like a crease along the floor about the same width as the fittings suggesting the ability to lift it whilst the back stays in place?
Yes I get you, helps to access the stuff under the boot floor, giving you both hands free, not needing to hold the boot floor up with one hand. Although I’ve never needed to use it, my mk3 Leon ST has this function, along with the bonus of an adjustable height boot floor.
7BCD6845-D0D1-4793-B172-6FF6AAF11704.jpeg

Just seen it in the flesh. The floor is much more robust and can be raised. There is still a lip but significantly less. Looks like there might be enough room for a full size wheel underneath when the floor is raised.

Just seen it in the flesh. The floor is much more robust and can be raised. There is still a lip but significantly less. Looks like there might be enough room for a full size wheel underneath when the floor is raised.
Which dealer were you at? I was at Tesco opposite Arnold Clark MG and nearly popped across

He has one in red. Got a wee shot of it today. Couldn't work out the adaptive cruise controls but that just because I am thick. Lovely car.

Think the liner will still fit, although might have to remove the new small net on the left hand side. The new boot floor is a huge improvement on the original version.

May I ask why please?

The few times I've driven a car with adaptive cruise control it works great most of the time but there are times when it's down right dangerous.
Example - driving at 70 in traffic and the car ahead decides to pull off into a feeder lane (left or right) and slows down. The ACC slams your brakes on even though the road ahead is clear because the radar sees the rapidly slowing object as a danger.

The few times I've driven a car with adaptive cruise control it works great most of the time but there are times when it's down right dangerous.
Example - driving at 70 in traffic and the car ahead decides to pull off into a feeder lane (left or right) and slows down. The ACC slams your brakes on even though the road ahead is clear because the radar sees the rapidly slowing object as a danger.
Good to know. Maybe its not as good as it is cracked up to be.

Not good. I think that problem is caused by the ACC not leaving enough distance to the car in front to start with. Even on the longest distance setting (on the ZS) it feels too close for me.

Not good. I think that problem is caused by the ACC not leaving enough distance to the car in front to start with. Even on the longest distance setting (on the ZS) it feels too close for me.

Yeah and that it covers too wide an area in front. There's no reason for your ACC to be reacting to a vehicle that's not in your lane.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom