MG5 Long Range difference in the boot?

Yeah and that it covers too wide an area in front. There's no reason for your ACC to be reacting to a vehicle that's not in your lane.
True, my 2016 Prius didn't, I think the camera and radar were more focused, but it didn't have proper lane keep assistance, more of a Lane keep warning, so it didn't need to focus as wide as the ZS.

Just a suspicion of mine but I sense that cruise control (whether adaptive or not) is responsible for generally more shoddy motorway behaviour. Once it's on you want to leave it on so there is a tendency to try to drive without using the throttle or the brake (because what the use of CC if you end up using the throttle). So you get cars pulling into a faster lane sooner so the ACC doesn't start to throttle back, then they mosey past cars at a differential speed of about 1mph so they are in their blind-spots for longer and also prevent the car they are overtaking from changing lane when they need to. And a general tendency to hog the outer lanes because in the end it's just easier not to use the slower lanes at all due to the aforementioned problems. But it may not be (A)CC that is doing this - it could just be downright inconsiderate driving technique :)

Just spotted some plastic brackets on a new long range MG5 that don’t appear to be on the original MG5. Any ideas what they are considering it doesn’t have an adjustable boot floor? These look like they might get in the way or get broken?

View attachment 4146
View attachment 4147

The second photo is an Exclusive and I’m sure the press car was an Exclusive as it had roof bars. Some new feature we are not aware of?… Answers on a postcard 😂

Dave
Miles Roberts the Innovation Development Manager at Chorley Group kindly provided me a couple of photos today after I queried the boot floor on the new long range model. He confirmed that the new long range MG5 Exclusive model has a more substantial boot floor and it is adjustable, enabling you to lessen that deep boot load lip that many have commented on with the MG5. He hasn’t seen a long range Excite in the flesh yet to know if it is a feature on both models, he’d have to ask MG for an answer to that. He’s hoping to drive the Exclusive over the weekend and see if there are any other differences.
Thanks Miles 👏🏻👍🏻 Electric Car Dealer | Lancashire & Wigan | Chorley EV
7678254A-4525-4CAF-A1E2-D83FF032DF05.jpeg
7179C304-F92A-47D2-8C35-EF2CAF606AD8.jpeg

Good shout weedavemac 👍🏻

Last edited:
HI. Just had a look at one of these.
Does anyone know if they have changed the boot protector for the LR?
The one I looked at today had one in, but it didn't fit right. They had to push the netting down on the left pocket as it flows into the recess. Also, they had to raise the floor to the higher setting otherwise it didn't fit with the brackets at the back...
Thanks

So if you can raise the boot floor, could the ZS spare wheel kit now fit under there ?

HI. Just had a look at one of these.
Does anyone know if they have changed the boot protector for the LR?
The one I looked at today had one in, but it didn't fit right. They had to push the netting down on the left pocket as it flows into the recess. Also, they had to raise the floor to the higher setting otherwise it didn't fit with the brackets at the back...
Thanks
Boot mat for ZS struggles as well when boot floor set to lower position.

I emailed to check if there would be a new boot mat for the changes to the Long Range

With regards to your query, we can confirm that the Loadspace Tray (10927435) is compatible with MG5 EV Long-range.

'compatible' seems to leave quite a lot of wiggle room given what has to be done to the left hand side net 🤷‍♂️

I emailed to check if there would be a new boot mat for the changes to the Long Range

With regards to your query, we can confirm that the Loadspace Tray (10927435) is compatible with MG5 EV Long-range.

'compatible' seems to leave quite a lot of wiggle room given what has to be done to the left hand side net 🤷‍♂️
You could argue that 'pushing the net out of the way' is part of the installation procedure, but there's no excuse where the brackets are concerned. So, if they haven't changed anything then the boot protector won't fit when I have the floor in a position to be able to load it up with stuff that it may need protecting from...
Maybe there's a new version of the tray that doesn't go into that left bay and has bigger cut-outs at the back for the brackets. That would then fit in either model.

Well, I now have Ernie. (Named by the wife. Something to do with the fastest milk cart in the west...) and can therefore confirm that the word 'compatible' is indeed as flexible as the boot protector itself.
It fits fine, as long as s the boot floor is on the higher level and the left net is pushed down.

Well, I now have Ernie. (Named by the wife. Something to do with the fastest milk cart in the west...) and can therefore confirm that the word 'compatible' is indeed as flexible as the boot protector itself.
It fits fine, as long as s the boot floor is on the higher level and the left net is pushed down.
I collect mine on Saturday - suspect that I may take some scissors to the mat once I buy a new dog cage that fits - need to decide if floor will be in upper or lower position based on height, etc.

Now you've got me thinking about names though - hmmm, might need to have a family vote!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom