MG5 long range rapid charge rate

aled

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone tried charging the new long range mg5 on a 150kw ccs?
Ideally I would like to know what the peak rate is ( I would assume this would be a fairly warm battery down to about 10%).
So i old really appreciate it if you could post your experiences namely the peak and average charge rate, the initial battery% and temperature.
If you don't have the battery temperature then the ambient temperature and the speed and duration of driving prior to the charge would be a useful alternative.
This is what I have found for the other mgevs:
MG5 62.5 KWh (4 °C)
1629965122289.png

MG ZS 44.5 KWh (30 °C)
1629965270749.png

Don't think anyone in the country, apart from the dealers with their demo models, actually has a long range MG5 yet.

Think there will be a flurry of cars leaving the dealers from the 1st of September onwards.

Upvote 0
Anyone knows the ideal speed or autoway? Like on 110km/h I am spending 18kwh but on 130km/h it jumps to 22khw...
As mentioned there is no sweet spot for the car, but for me 65mph/105kph feels good. Still feels fast and gets me there pretty much the same time as 70mph/112kph.
130kph / 80mph will eat electrons with no real benefit timewise unless a short journey, otherwise will need longer or more frequent charging.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom