MG5 LR 2021. HVAC/Radio Niggles

Codders55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Folks. Had the MG5 LR for a few weeks now and love it. Two minor little things are bugging me. On the HVAC system, the HVAC screen only comes up when making an adjustment using the controls. It only stays on for a few seconds and reverts back to the previous screen. The vent controls/indicators are so feint that on sunny days when wearing sunglasses, I struggle to see where it is set/adjusted to - and then the screen goes away! Really annoying.
Also, on the radio, I have set all my favourite stations on all bands but when I scroll through stations on the steering wheel control, it scrolls through ALL stations in that band and not my favourites! (my previous car would scroll through stored stations). In order to select another favourite station I have to get the radio favourites list up on the screen then select the one I want from that.
Both these issues mean looking at the screen - momentarily - and not at the road. Has anyone found a solution to either of these issue?
I have seen a youtube video from a guy somewhere in Asia with a model presumably without satnav and he has the HVAC screen permanently where I have the satnat segment.
It would be great to be able to customise the home screen would it not? Has this been changed on the facelift model?
Too many questions? I'll shut up now. Thanks for your thoughts, this forum has been SO helpful already.

Steve.

Depending what screen you are on there may be some HVAC info at the top of the screen. (There isn't on carplay as it takes over the entire screen)

Thank you dragon2611 for that hint! The info has obviously been there all along and I can now I can focus on it when I need to.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom