MG5 LR AC Charging - does it stop automatically when full?

JimD

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
As per the title. I'll be astonished if the answer is no, yet I can't find confirmation of this anywhere, so just checking.

My assumption is that if I leave it on either a slow or fast charger overnight, it will charge the battery, perform its equalisation thingy, then stop without any intervention on my part.

Have I got that right?

Perfect! Thanks for that - it's exactly the info I've been unsuccessfully googling for.

Mission accomplished (good job I saw that other thread or I'd be puzzled by the 'uncharged' message).

I put it on at 8pm yesterday (granny charger) and by the time I got up (6:30) the smart meter display was back to normal (apart from telling my I was over my weekly budget lol).

The estimated time when it started was 11h 24m, but it seemed to take less time - I expected it would do an equalisation thing on top of that so a bit surprising (though I wasn't up in time to see it happen anyway). It took me an hour to get ready to go outside and take the photo, so I suppose it could have been doing something in that time).

Attachments

• 20220515_073717.jpg
    20220515_073717.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 96
If your smart meter was showing your normal background use then the balance had finished as the car draws about 300-500w while balancing which would show on your IHD

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom