MG5 LR Battery Cell Configuration 61.1Kwh

GalacticSkies

Novice Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the series configuration of the mg5 is and how battery modules are in each pack?

Also does the MG5 LR use LFP cells or NMC cells?

I checked on my dad's 2022 LR and it shows 404v at 100% SOC which makes me think it uses typical 4.2v pouch cells with 96 series connections.

Out of curiosity I wanted to see the costs of a complete MG5 battery and it is surprisingly inexpensive - a whole battery costs around £4.5k. It seems quite cheap considering the amount of energy you get, especially compared to Tesla battery packs. Obviously these don't discharge nor charge anywhere close to what the Tesla achieves but it can be quite a cost effective solution for those attempting to make their own EV.

This is more of a hypothetical question - I have no plans to convert a car to EV in the near future but I'd like to see if its possible somehow. On an eBay listing, someone sells MG ZS modules with a custom BMS installed which makes it useful for home solar installations. Perhaps we'll see a similar thing happen to the MG5 battery in a couple of years...

Hi, have a look under the car there is a label on the HV battery

Attachments

• 20220603_104854.jpg
    20220603_104854.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 121
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom