MG5 LR Elite 2022 Abrupt throttle when slow manouvering

Cheers Mark, what you say is what I have been doing, BUT it seems I have been accidently turning on Autohold and then querying why the car pulls forward with no foot on throttle/ shoots abruptly forward particularly in eco.
Now we ( wife and I do) so hopefully all sorted.
THANK YOU ALL.
For info I have just retired, and my wife and I chopped in our Berlingo 130D Flair and Ibiza 1.0FR - either car was fairly loaded electronic wise, but we never altered much at all setting wise.

Your welcome Roger, my auto hold remembers if it is on or off when I turn off then turn the car back on, so I try to make sure it's off before I stop the car. That said I now don't use it much as it's a bit clunky when setting off if you not very lightfooted I found.

Have you by any chance been mistakenly using the small switch instead of the large selector dial for the parking brake ?

No seems fundamental, but thought Autohold was a press per stop, not either on or off.
SO did not use it intentionally, just relied on hill hold.
But seems I was accidently engaging Autohold and confusing me, also maybe wrongly on hills tried to apply Autohold and it did not work( because hill hold was functioning or parking brake was on).
Long story short as offered to others, Auto good as it allows you to take your foot off the brake BUT is prone to shoot forward abruptly dependent on power mode or up a slope.
Cheers

No seems fundamental, but thought Autohold was a press per stop, not either on or off.
SO did not use it intentionally, just relied on hill hold.
But seems I was accidently engaging Autohold and confusing me, also maybe wrongly on hills tried to apply Autohold and it did not work( because hill hold was functioning or parking brake was on).
Long story short as offered to others, Auto good as it allows you to take your foot off the brake BUT is prone to shoot forward abruptly dependent on power mode or up a slope.
Cheers
I think the clue is in the name , there wouldn't be much 'auto' in it if you had to use it each time you stopped, 😂

Although I suppose it is conceivable to mistake the 'auto' for the auto as in car(automobile) instead of auto as in automatic.

Re the shooting forward, try to be very gently on the throttle, you can get it to release the brake without it actually moving much at all, I sort of tap the throttle once quickly to release then drive as normal.

My judgement of the space in front is awful when parking, I leave way too much space, but I do find it difficult to nudge it forward without a leap away from stationary if the parking brake is on. Easiest solution is to turn it off :)

I agree, I use Autohold whilst out and about but whenever I need to maneuver e.g. for parking or whatever, it get turned off and I use the footbrake to hold.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom