MG5 LR granny charging

Ashok

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
1) I charged the car overnight last week when it was very hot 28C. The next morning noticed the car was showing 265m available when it is only meant to give you 250m. This is on Economy as I always drive on Eco mode.
2) Also anyone know how to make sure every time I switch on the car it goes to Eco mode by default.
3) How to have radio off by default and not have to keep muting it.

1) I charged the car overnight last week when it was very hot 28C. The next morning noticed the car was showing 265m available when it is only meant to give you 250m. This is on Economy as I always drive on Eco mode.
2) Also anyone know how to make sure every time I switch on the car it goes to Eco mode by default.
1) The range shown on the GOM is an estimate based on current power usage as well as historical since trip computer was last reset - depending on your driving style, speed and ancillary systems being used, it can vary.
2) You can't - car will always default to Normal and KERS 2.
3) Not sure it's possible to turn the radio off - it's either muting it or some forum posts talk about a USB stick with a 'blank' audio track.

Good GOM figure but wait until the winter🙄.
My 5 always starts in normal with the radio on not much you can do about it.

If you look at the "advertising leaflets" it was claimed to do in excess of 330 miles in town driving. The 250 miles is based on a very specific driving pattern to achieve figures which are comparable between vehicles. The WTLP figures are extremely difficult to achieve yourself but logically town driving should at least match if not be slightly better.

It is an often unstated benefit of an electric vehicle that they perform better in traffic whereas an ICE will be worse.

1) As others have already stated, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the 250 mile range. This is not a fixed figure.
The 250mile range is much like the mpg figures provided with ICE cars, it is a figure produced under test conditions for comparison with other vehicles. So while in this instance it is up, if you are reliant on the 250mile range, you may very well be disappointed in other circumstances.

1) The range shown on the GOM is an estimate based on current power usage as well as historical since trip computer was last reset - depending on your driving style, speed and ancillary systems being used, it can vary.
2) You can't - car will always default to Normal and KERS 2.
3) Not sure it's possible to turn the radio off - it's either muting it or some forum posts talk about a USB stick with a 'blank' audio track.
3) this is bloody annoying! I never use the radio (Spotify on Android auto only) so have it tuned to BBCR3 so at least it's something gentle which assails your ears every time.

3) this is bloody annoying! I never use the radio (Spotify on Android auto only) so have it tuned to BBCR3 so at least it's something gentle which assails your ears every time.
In the Android Auto settings of your phone there is an option to 'Start music automatically' This Automatically starts the media.

Re the volume problem, I've found that swiping down and selecting 'media output' on my android phone and settiing the phone output to max has sorted this...

I think I've been getting into the car with this set low, adjusting the volume to suit spotify and next time I get in the radio setting is much too high... since changing it, the radio volume is more sensible on start up....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom