• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 LR SOH at 80%

sebmar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all!

I had a 1st service on my MG5 LR and been told that battery SOH is 80%. Done 10k miles so far. Is that something I should worry about?

You can buy a cheap OBD reader and plug it in the cars port to check for yourself.
There are various threads on this just use the search bar.

Just ordered OBD. I haven’t noticed any difference in charging or range so they must be wrong. I’ll update this post as soon as test it myself.

Just ordered OBD. I haven’t noticed any difference in charging or range so they must be wrong. I’ll update this post as soon as test it myself.
Quick and easy test for free is to fill to 100% SOC, reset trips and see what the GOM says (in Normal mode). If it matches advertised WLTP there is negligible/no degradation.
If it shows less for example 245 on a WLTP 250 the calc is (245/250)*100= 98% SOH

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your support which I much appreciate. Panic is over. I’ve used OBD and SOH is 100% … what a relief. I must look for different service as one I’ve used seems to be not good. I clearly asked for it and they said nothing to worry. Also when asked for 3 bottom lines of rear window heating they said its takes longer to heat while I found here it’s actually not a heater at all 😁. Once again thank you all!!! Attached photos of service paperwork from service and readings from OBD

Attachments

• IMG_8042.jpeg
    IMG_8042.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_8041.png
    IMG_8041.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 171
Hi everyone! Thanks for all your support which I much appreciate. Panic is over. I’ve used OBD and SOH is 100% … what a relief. I must look for different service as one I’ve used seems to be not good. I clearly asked for it and they said nothing to worry. Also when asked for 3 bottom lines of rear window heating they said its takes longer to heat while I found here it’s actually not a heater at all 😁. Once again thank you all!!! Attached photos of service paperwork from service and readings from OBD
Which OBD did you get ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom