MG5 LR & zappi home charger

MartinReid

Standard Member
Reaction score
Some MG5 members might recall my post regarding the purchase of a home charger (I won't mention the name here so as not to confuse this thread).

I'm now researching the myenergy zappi (and HUB) home charger. So am looking for advice from any MG5 EV Long Range owners who use it. I notice that Spinynorman, LongRangeDave, EVsince2016, FormerOctavia amongst others have posted about the zappi.

For this thread car = MG5 EV Long Range (ordered but not yet delivered)
Changer = myenergy zappi fitted in the garage (considered but not yet ordered)
I don't have any other power source (eg.. Solar, Wind or Battery backup)
I'll number my queries to help later contributors.

(1) I've read somewhere about an issue with the car not waking up to receive a 12:30 to 04:30 charge. It was written that the car was plugged in around 18:00 hours, the car wakes up ready to take the charge then not receiving one (because it is not the time) the car goes back to sleep. When the time schedule on the charger (12:30) tries to wake the car up to take the charge. The car doesn't wake up and doesn't charge. Is this a real issue? I've contacted myenergy support and who replied "This does not affect the MG5, we have many customers who have the MG5, using timed boost charges with no problem"!

(2) Can I use the charger just using the screen controls and without using the smart phone app?

(3) Are there any owner/users in Lancashire who can recommend someone to install and commission the charger?

(4) Did any other members have the charger installed before they had the car? How did the installer commission it without connecting to a car?

Sincerely and in good faith

I did post my testing on Zappi.

I plug in usually after 6pm and it has charged every time.

I've tried it on Solar divert too. I did have a problem once that it ramped up to 6kw even though it was set in Eco++. I unplugged & replugged & it was fine. Zappi was being silly.

I am aware that if solar charging through the day I probably should unplug & plug in again for an overnight charge, just in case. I shall test in the spring.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom