• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG5 Mk2 LR Trophy - Shipping news

mickw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
(Hope it's ok to put this on a new thread - there is a very long shipping thread but that's under the MG-ZS forum, which is why I put this onto the MG5 forum.)

I ordered on 9th November. My dealer just told me that my car is now in port in this country, and he's expecting it at the dealer in 2-3 weeks and ready for collection pre-Christmas.

I did several times ask if this was definitely my car and not a car of matching spec which is still to be allocated, and he assured me it was. I'm inclined to believe him because when I ordered he said MG were officially quoting 4-5 weeks but he said to be honest I should allow 10-12 weeks, so nothing in it for him to raise my hopes unnecessarily now.

Assuming that's all correct it's quicker than I expected - I'd been thinking something around late January at the earliest.

Maybe I just got lucky with the colour or something as I can only assume that if it's in the country now the car must have already been on a boat at the time I ordered.

Just wondering other people's experience of lead times on Mk2 MG5 and whether anyone else has been told similar to me?

What colour did you order. I have been told mine is due 5th December in silver. Ordered July. Not seen one in the flesh yet.

Mine is grey. Going by the estimated delivery dates I'm guessing both cars came in same consignment.

I am one of the many on the very looooong ZS shipping thread. I have been looking at MG5 again now it has a facelift. I am curious what real delivery times people are seeing. Is 12 weeks realistic?

The dealer I bought my Mk I from told me 3 - 4 weeks the other day. No reason to suspect she was not being truthful.

I am one of the many on the very looooong ZS shipping thread. I have been looking at MG5 again now it has a facelift. I am curious what real delivery times people are seeing. Is 12 weeks realistic?
Just heard that my MG5 Mk2 Trophy is now at the dealership, ready for collection next week. As it was ordered 9th November that'll be less than 4 weeks end to end. As mentioned earlier I suspect I must have got lucky - maybe a cancelled order or something that matched my requirements, so impossible to say whether 3-4 weeks is a reliable estimate in general.

(Embarrassingly, it's caught me on the hop as I was expecting something in January so not really panicking about sorting out home charger installation. Needless to say I'm now doing some frantic phone calls...)

Just heard that my MG5 Mk2 Trophy is now at the dealership, ready for collection next week. As it was ordered 9th November that'll be less than 4 weeks end to end. As mentioned earlier I suspect I must have got lucky - maybe a cancelled order or something that matched my requirements, so impossible to say whether 3-4 weeks is a reliable estimate in general.

(Embarrassingly, it's caught me on the hop as I was expecting something in January so not really panicking about sorting out home charger installation. Needless to say I'm now doing some frantic phone calls...)
Brill thanks

I just got the paperwork for my MG5 Facelift LR. It has a VIN number so confident the dealer is giving me fairly accurate info.

He told me I may have it by mid-December. Considering my parking permit is up for renewal on the 16th at a £275 not refundable amount I am praying we get the timing right. The EV is £10 lol

If anyone is looking for one I know he is getting at least 3 more in as he gave me the option of 4 colours.

Just had a call from MG in Guildford that my MG5 Mk2 Trophy in Piccadilly Blue has just arrived and will be ready for pickup next week. Placed the deposit and ordered it on 1st November 2022, so only a total waiting time of 5 weeks for me!

Placed an order on Saturday for MG5 facelift, was told about 4 weeks. Be great to have it as a Christmas present. Would be surprised if it slipped to new year with the holidays.

Looking forward to some more “l have my car” post soon :)

I have just heard from my dealer the car is with them and their are getting it ready plus doing some updates. If all goes smoothly I should have the car Friday. Fingers crossed.

Well we were told four weeks and it was six, plus a weeks delay as their ceramic coating guy was off ill, but now a proud owner of a new face lift mg5. No idea how it drives, the wife has been hogging it and loving it.

Last edited:
Same boat here, ordered early December and got a call yesterday saying the car was ready for delivery. Will be delivered on the 14th. Would have taken it earlier but I haven't finished our new driveway for it to live on! :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom