MG5 Mystery Faults

Just collected mine from the dealership yesterday. Done 40 odd miles so far uneventfully. They've put a fair few miles of road testing on it (at my request) but nothing compared to the several thousand I put on their courtesy car ;). But nice to have my own car back finally after a month!

My mystery fault of the day was the push button on the door being stuck! Had to use the key. Finally it went in & stuck in too! It was cold but no frost on that side of the car.

Took mine to the dealer yesterday (MG Chorley), picking up today.
Hope it’s sorted.

For anyone still strugling with turtle mode/red HV Battery warning tell your dealer to check sips for a BMS update.
Have MG made it generally available now then?

It was previously requiring a service now case to be raised and the vin to be sent to MG before they’d make the update available to the car.

Picked mine up earlier and told me they’ve done the BMS update …
Ok so far, will be doing 100+ miles tomorrow.
I’ll keep you updated

Done 130 miles today.
Glad to report no issues whatsoever.
Looks like the update worked.

I had a system fault caused by a failed negotiation with a rapid charger, had to turn the car off and leave it about 10mins before I could do anything with it. (It wouldn't go into ready)

Just over 600 miles in and averaging 3.1 BUT no faults so I can live with that. Maybe get back to gentle estate driving, rather than Boy Racer style after having the MG4 on loan :p
But done a couple of rapid charges and a few long trickles at home. So all good. Only issue was the lack of ACTUALLY functioning CCS chargers just north of southampton that turned into a right saga last Friday.

Can i ask if anybody has had their MG updated at Richmond Southampton? They are giving us the run around and making life very difficult, claiming that they haven't been told there was an update available yet.

Currently getting turtle mode reasonably regularly, the car is becoming unusable.

Can i ask if anybody has had their MG updated at Richmond Southampton? They are giving us the run around and making life very difficult, claiming that they haven't been told there was an update available yet.

Currently getting turtle mode reasonably regularly, the car is becoming unusable.
Tell them to log a case with MG on Service Now.

Email head MG and get the to cc your local Mg garage in. BMS update needed. They need to open a service up and it should all be there.

I’ve done over 1000 miles since mine was updated a few weeks back and had no problems at all.

As you I was getting turtle mode daily 3/4 times and I started to hate the car.. I’ve finally fallen back in love and can’t fault it now.

Had the update now. the jury is out, but looking good so far.

In the end i had to speak to MG directly. Once MG were involved, suddenly it was possible to book us in much quicker and arrange a courtesy car.
I was pretty unimpressed with Southampton Richmond MG (Hyundai), They did not want to book the car in for another 8 weeks, they would not offer a courtesy car and nobody would ring me back, i waited a day each time. I honestly believed that as soon as the update was available, they were going to call us and arrange the update asap.

Had the update now. the jury is out, but looking good so far.

In the end i had to speak to MG directly. Once MG were involved, suddenly it was possible to book us in much quicker and arrange a courtesy car.
I was pretty unimpressed with Southampton Richmond MG (Hyundai), They did not want to book the car in for another 8 weeks, they would not offer a courtesy car and nobody would ring me back, i waited a day each time. I honestly believed that as soon as the update was available, they were going to call us and arrange the update asap.
Was the update for the face lift or original SR as mine is in at Richmond next week?
Do you have the update code?

Was the update for the face lift or original SR as mine is in at Richmond next week?
Do you have the update code?
Original LR and it's only for cars that were throwing "Check HV Battery" errors (which was also causing turtling).

I don't believe it's a generally available update.

Good morning all,

I have MG5 long range face lift version of the car, I needed to drive my wife to work this morning but "Check HV Battery" errors appear on the display.

The car was on 84% according to the iSmart app the voltage of accumulators( small battery) was 11,3V I have plugged the car for balance charge and at the moment showing 14v(which mean the battery getting charged to).

However this whole exspiriance starting to be disturbing, the car was already in the garage for a week due to the two doors from left hand side didn't open from inside.

I have the car since 13th of January 2023.

I am gona ring to MG garage today or on Monday so they can book the car for service check.

I will keep you posted how my story going to develop.

Best regards Todor Radnev

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom