MG5 - OBD to reset HV battery issue

I never found the individual cells health page.
It seems to be a bit hit and miss what manufactures decide to make available via OBD and then what the app creators are capable to decode and display.

For example in my old 2012 EV I get data for each individual cell, but this info is not available in a 2016 model.

So far I haven’t seen individual cell voltages for the MG5, not even sure how many there are…

Mickey

It seems to be a bit hit and miss what manufactures decide to make available via OBD and then what the app creators are capable to decode and display.

For example in my old 2012 EV I get data for each individual cell, but this info is not available in a 2016 model.

So far I haven’t seen individual cell voltages for the MG5, not even sure how many there are…

Mickey
OVMS can get the cell groups I think.

Had an issue rapid CSS charging earlier today, which resulted in HV shutdown. Turning car off and waiting a while didn’t help.

Managed to clear fault with Car Scanner App on Android using OBD Link LX.

Had an issue rapid CSS charging earlier today, which resulted in HV shutdown. Turning car off and waiting a while didn’t help.

Managed to clear fault with Car Scanner App on Android using OBD Link LX.
That's really useful to know! Out of interest, did the Car Scanner app recognise what the fault was, out did you just try a reset?

How long did it take and did you do a full scan?

Scanning was taking a long time when I tried it using one of the Wi-Fi dongles and an iPhone

How long did it take and did you do a full scan?

Scanning was taking a long time when I tried it using one of the Wi-Fi dongles and an iPhone
I’d say less than a minute to do a full scan via Bluetooth. Make sure you disconnect the dongle before you lock the car otherwise the alarm goes off a few minutes later?!

I’d say less than a minute to do a full scan via Bluetooth. Make sure you disconnect the dongle before you lock the car otherwise the alarm goes off a few minutes later?!
Yes I discovered that one testing ovms!

I suspect the ovms module could also read the codes and possibly reset them if I knew which pids to poke at.

That said given a rarely actually use the thing i’m not sure if I’ll put it back in when I take it out prior to the car going for servicing

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom