MG5 Off Peak Home Charging

Morgan Hall

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, im new to this!
I own a MG5 LR 2022 mode. Does any owner use off peak charging if yes who is your energy supplier? I’m with OVO they say I can’t get their off peak supply ( Charge Anytime ) because my car doesn’t have the ability to communicate to the Wi-Fi. My current contract runs out in March and would prefer to change if there’s a supplier out there who provides off peak to my model.

I'm on octopus go faster at the moment although I think it's being discontinued. (not sure if regular GO is staying)

I used to use an Ohme cable but got it changed to a type-1 for my previous leaf and ever got it swapped back.

I recently discovered the Ev.energy app can manage my charger so that might come in handy next tarrif change (although the charger did have a basic timer on it).

There are some rumors intellegent will support more chargers soon.

You can use Go in the same way as the Mk1 i.e. let the charge point do the intelligent bit.

Hi all, im new to this!
I own a MG5 LR 2022 mode. Does any owner use off peak charging if yes who is your energy supplier? I’m with OVO they say I can’t get their off peak supply ( Charge Anytime ) because my car doesn’t have the ability to communicate to the Wi-Fi. My current contract runs out in March and would prefer to change if there’s a supplier out there who provides off peak to my model.
Hi, what charge point do you have?
With the Ohme you can get Intelligent Octopus at 10p/kWh for 6 hours+ or 12p/kWh on the Go tariff for 4 hours.

Using the Ohme go evse with the commando type plug.
Using Octpus Go which gives me 4hours cheap charging from 00:30 to 04:30 at 7.5p per Kwh.
That ends in a few days so just setting up Intelligent Octopus, hopefully all should go OK.

Using the Ohme go evse with the commando type plug.
Using Octpus Go which gives me 4hours cheap charging from 00:30 to 04:30 at 7.5p per Kwh.
That ends in a few days so just setting up Intelligent Octopus, hopefully all should go OK.

Thank a lot for the info, greatly appreciated.

I am using a Myenergi Zappi on Bulb EV tarrif, giving 4 hours at c.11p/KWh.

I know this will change soon as Bulb has been acquired by Octopus.

It has worked brilliantly to-date and I have my fingers firmly crossed for the future.

Good luck

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom