MG5 ON TV

Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
My wife was catching up on her Emmerdale that she had recorded from last week
She was on Wednesdays episode when I looked up and low and behold there was a black MG5 as a taxi
MG5 IS NOW A SOAP STAR 😂
Photo below
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Attachments

• 583051F0-5394-43B6-A475-0CBBE1C56076.jpeg
    583051F0-5394-43B6-A475-0CBBE1C56076.jpeg
    594.4 KB · Views: 173
MG are currently sponsoring 5th Gear Recharged although I'm yet to see any MG reviewed on the show as yet.

I have said it elsewhere, but the motoring press were highly critical in their first reviews of the ZS but given the nos. sold and the fan club now behind MG they have seen the light. The first Japanese cars were criticised back in the 70s but they stole a march on many car manufacturers and there are many in the trade who no think China will do the same with EVs with such a huge domestic market eager to adopt.
We know that for the price they are terrific and the motoring press look foolish if they argue against that. They are not Porsche or expensive Audi, but we didn’t buy them thinking they were anything but very useful cars for most domestic uses.

I commented a while ago about MG being one of the sponsors of Celebrity Apprentice Australia after their extensive use of MG HSs. It was on BBC 1 recently. Seen MGs used in ‘Shetland’ and one other detective drama but can‘t remember which one it was!

I commented a while ago about MG being one of the sponsors of Celebrity Apprentice Australia after their extensive use of MG HSs. It was on BBC 1 recently. Seen MGs used in ‘Shetland’ and one other detective drama but can‘t remember which one it was!
I spotted the "Shetland" incident. I think I also spotted a ZSEV in a BBC country programme a month or two back (not Countryfile but another where the presenters were nipping around the West Country). I seem to remember that it was driven by Ellie Harrison.

When looking for what to buy watched a number of video reviews. Autocar was quite dismissive but then they think spending £70-80-90,000 is "normal" and are big into PCP anyway. In one part they complained about the amount of (scratch, scratch scratch) plastic but when I compared the MG5 with my (at that time) Leaf there wasn't mutch difference in the amounts.

The point is I am not that fond of PCP plans anyway. Spend out about half the value in monthly payments for 3 years, a risk of it being downvalued due to damage (wear and tear) AND own nothing at the end of it does not appeal. The MG5 I could buy outright and it is MINE from day one.

Totally with you on the pcp. '0% interest' but you pay for the entire value of the car in monthly payments. Then give it back at the end or pay the equivalent of 30% to retain the vehicle. PCH is a different beast and can have financial benefits over purchasing the vehicle.

I keep seeing a lot of reviews about understeer and body roll etc, yes but compared to what, The Bentley you reviewed last week?

Yes- some reviews have been definitely less than complimentary on the driving experience. I guess it depends what you're used to- I have never driven sporty cars, so when I took the MG5 for a test drive I thought it was absolutely fine.

When looking for what to buy watched a number of video reviews. Autocar was quite dismissive but then they think spending £70-80-90,000 is "normal" and are big into PCP anyway. In one part they complained about the amount of (scratch, scratch scratch) plastic but when I compared the MG5 with my (at that time) Leaf there wasn't mutch difference in the amounts.

The point is I am not that fond of PCP plans anyway. Spend out about half the value in monthly payments for 3 years, a risk of it being downvalued due to damage (wear and tear) AND own nothing at the end of it does not appeal. The MG5 I could buy outright and it is MINE from day one.
If you have the money to pay it off, take out a PCP to take advantage of the £1500 MG deposit contribution for finance, then settle it straight away, including the end balloon payment. You get to keep the deposit contribution for just the cost of a few days interest on the PCP.

Why do so many threads go off on tangents? This thread was supposedly about glimpses of the MG5 on TV and now it appears to have been taken over by comments about financing?
Can we please set up a separate thread if that is what members wish to comment upon and get this thread back on track .

Last edited:
Oops. sorry, that's what happens when you skip to the first unread post. 🤭

Dr House Oops GIF

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom