MG5 Order (was - on the way) DELIVERED 🤟

Whoops, the first was a typo. I meant to ask, ca you confirm whether the size of the tyre on the spare is 125/90R16 or 125/70R16? I know the second is smaller, but others on here seem to be using them no problem…

Last week I pushed the button on ordering the new MG5 LR in Hampstead Grey and yesterday got confirmation back from the dealer of expected delivery date around 30 April next year. Which I guess in the context of things isnt to long to wait?

The family and I have test driven quite a few EV's these last few months starting with the Kona (absolutely loved it but couldn't get ahold of one for love nor money), the Peugeot 2008 (meh), Renault Megane (liked it more than we loved it), MG4 (LOVED it buuuuuut no roof bars which is an absolute must for us), Polestar 2 (LOVED IT but too pricey), Audi Q4 etron 40 (how can you sell a car that doesnt exist anywhere in the universe?), BMW iX (REALLY loved it but need to win lotto for this one!) and so on....but settled on the MG5 as just being practical for what we needed :)

As we have bikes and kayaks and dogs we needed something with a bit of size and practicality and something that didnt cost the earth, especially with the coming tax changes (no doubt followed by more tax changes we dont know about BUUUUUT we all know taxes are the crack cocaine of Governments everywhere! :unsure:;)).

We also predominately travel local (school run) and maybe 50 mile round trip drive once a month with a very occasional once every 3-4 months trip to Norfolk and the like. so the MG5 just seemed...practical...for our needs :) Not a flashy badge (which really would have been the only reason I would have ordered Audi, BMW or Polestar).

As its through work I couldn't quite bring myself to a 4 year lease and instead chose a 3 year lease on the thinking that after 2 years I can kick the tyres on something slightly more upmarket, assuming a 12 month lead time, and enjoy something a little more refined in to my retirement :)

But yeah, looking forward to seeing how we go with our very first electric car. Fingers crossed delivery is April and not some time in August!! ;)
You might have it by now but if not it’s worth the wait. A superb drive, smooth as the proverbial baby’s bum. Packs a punch in acceleration terms. It’s a cold part of the year so don’t expect major mileage per charge but it’s a well put together car. Mine is Hampstead grey which looks premium, when clean, and I’d put it alongside any Audi or Beamer any day.

125/70/16 Continental

You are right about range. Full charge reads 210miles but have a mate with £80k Audi and his range is not much better in cold weather and a battery heater was extra money as was a front screen heater which he said no to. Impressed by the quality of the boot floor compared to some cars with just a sheet of hardboard . Will cut a sheet of ply to go over it to protect it from my golden retriever. Have a hatchbag bootliner as well.I had a Jaguar F pace . The full size spare with matching alloy was only £250. The problem was it came with a boot floor with a large raised bump in it. Completely unsuitable for a dog. To be fair the car was so new the dealer in Preston did not realise. So they supplied me with a space saver and flat floor at a special price. Excellent customer care. Good car, I just was not using it , as I already have an old discovery I intend to keep. Luckily my daughter was running Special Vehicle Operations for JLR, but I pace too expensive and not as useful as MG5.

FC565A76-7B72-4576-B519-4CD53382FDE8.jpeg

Car was delivered this morning 😁😍

Have been for a short drive in to town to do some shopping but man, those breaks are quite grabby 😂😂

I’ve set up the mg smart app. Have installed my Ohme charger app and will finish digging out the front law this afternoon so I can get the car near the charger cable 🤌

Only thing left to do is to whine to the work car people about a car being delivered that wasn’t fully charged (if one doesn’t complain things like this never change) 😁

Attachments

• 0A0DDA16-AD43-4DEC-9166-E2642A7ACA28.jpeg
    0A0DDA16-AD43-4DEC-9166-E2642A7ACA28.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 97
View attachment 15195
Car was delivered this morning 😁😍

Have been for a short drive in to town to do some shopping but man, those breaks are quite grabby 😂😂

I’ve set up the mg smart app. Have installed my Ohme charger app and will finish digging out the front law this afternoon so I can get the car near the charger cable 🤌

Only thing left to do is to whine to the work car people about a car being delivered that wasn’t fully charged (if one doesn’t complain things like this never change) 😁
Congrats enjoy :)

Had a text massage from dealer today about our Vanarama MGZS which was due delivery on Friday.
Text said something about them not being able to register the car, Thought they were pulling a fast one or something, But is this actually a thing.

Had a text massage from dealer today about our Vanarama MGZS which was due delivery on Friday.
Text said something about them not being able to register the car, Thought they were pulling a fast one or something, But is this actually a thing.
I can confirm same story from my leasing company (not Vanarsme). Mg5 face-lift due delivery this Thursday but contacted and told may be delayed due to MG servers down unable to register vehicles. They hope back up tomorrow. Also spoke to a local dealer who confirmed.👴

I can confirm same story from my leasing company (not Vanarsme). Mg5 face-lift due delivery this Thursday but contacted and told may be delayed due to MG servers down unable to register vehicles. They hope back up tomorrow. Also spoke to a local dealer who confirmed.👴
Oops genuine typo on Vanarame, but it did look funny.👴

Cheers for that, Wife had the right hump after waiting since November 21, She was well up for going hammer and tongs on the phone tomorrow.

Cheers for that, Wife had the right hump after waiting since November 21, She was well up for going hammer and tongs on the phone tomorrow.
Now had telephone and email confirmation of the situation with MG. As soon as I get confirmation of a resolution I will let you know.👴

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215_134829_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230215_134829_Outlook.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 60
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom