MG5 Roof rails decorative only

Sorry but for gods stake which MG5 vehicle are you driving SR or LR you don’t say, but please be aware the SR5 as a max roof load of 35kg including rails bike carriers or anything else you put on the car,LR5 as a total load is 75kg.
Les
A subject ( roof bars ) that I know is close to your heart Les !.

God has nothing to do with it but the enquiry is about an MG5 Exclusive LR which has now been cleared I understand, to carry 75kgs on the roof. I am now looking for a pair of roof bars suitable for this vehicle, (many appear not to be), and a cycle carrier which will carry a 22.5kg electric bike.

Does it? I can't see where it says that. I know some people got a pretty much identical one from Aldi also for the same price I paid.
On Amazon you can put your vehicle details in to check compatibility. I did and it came back with unsuitable. Many sites don't even list the MG5.

God has nothing to do with it but the enquiry is about an MG5 Exclusive LR which has now been cleared I understand, to carry 75kgs on the roof. I am now looking for a pair of roof bars suitable for this vehicle, (many appear not to be), and a cycle carrier which will carry a 22.5kg electric bike.
I hope that god doesn’t have anything to do with it, but he could do if you or anyone else gets it wrong, so now we know which car you have your right in saying the LR has a 75 kg capacity on its roof bars so may I surggest Halfords may be able to point you in the right direction for cycle carrying.
Les.

I hope that god doesn’t have anything to do with it, but he could do if you or anyone else gets it wrong, so now we know which car you have your right in saying the LR has a 75 kg capacity on its roof bars so may I surggest Halfords may be able to point you in the right direction for cycle carrying.
Les.
Thanks for the advice. In my experience the 17 year olds at Halfords haven't got a clue so I thought I would seek some practical help and advice from "those who know" on here.
Thankfully, some have been very helpful.

No Jeff not any longer buy it’s keeps popping up in my mail box and I do always try to explain what’s right and what’s wrong but what does get me annoyed is when people ask a question and don’t tell us which car they are talking about, we all know how many time that as happened I’m sure you will agree, and on many many occasions in this forum I did ask I while back for members to state in their Avatars which cars they own to save any confusion but not all have done so.
Les

Last edited:
No Jeff not any longer buy it’s keeps popping up in my mail box and I do always try to explain what’s right and what’s wrong but what does get me annoyed is when people ask a question and don’t tell us which car they are talking about, we all know how many time that as happened I’m sure you will agree, and on many many occasions in this forum I did ask I while back for members to state in their Avatars which cars they own to save any confusion but not all have done so.
Les
I agree Les, updating your avatar with a picture of your current model, or open your comment / thread with a brief model description of your car, makes providing the correct answer to a question a lot easier (y).

I use the universal bars on my MG5 SR and this for my electric Trek mountain bike... highly recommend and I think it was one of the few that can take a bike that heavy and I must say it very easy to use and very secure.

Here it is in action
1660000365871.png

I use the universal bars on my MG5 SR and this for my electric Trek mountain bike... highly recommend and I think it was one of the few that can take a bike that heavy and I must say it very easy to use and very secure.

Here it is in action
View attachment 10157
Thanks for this. Looked great for a minute but the realised that our bikes have full length mudguards so we wouldn’t be able to use it. I’ll give the company a call though to see if they have anything suitable for the weight of bike.

Thanks for this. Looked great for a minute but the realised that our bikes have full length mudguards so we wouldn’t be able to use it. I’ll give the company a call though to see if they have anything suitable for the weight of bike.
Mine are also full length arent they? Or do your curve all the way around.... mine are rather long too, they're not short ones.... but with this the clamps go under the mud guard and are adjustable.

Mine are also full length arent they? Or do your curve all the way around.... mine are rather long too, they're not short ones.... but with this the clamps go under the mud guard and are adjustable.
No. Mine are longer. The traditional sort. The clamps wouldn’t go under them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom