MG5 spare wheel/ wheel lock nuts/miles/ kw

RogerWill

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
When we bought our MG5, we had a good deal and px on our old car, but offered to do the deal if they chuck in a spare wheel and they did BUT-
DO THEY EXIST- from general searching, seems they may be rare things- can anyone advise.

Also a source for a set of locking wheel nuts.

Currently on 620 miles AVG 4.3miles/ kW
Thank you

I thought about locking wheel nuts but who would nick MG5 wheels, no one likes them🙄
4.3m/kWh is good for this weather.
I got a VW Golf mk5 spare wheel kit from ebay plus the correct profile bolts but wait for the replies about getting an MG one😁

Winter wheels/tyres from (sold) Mercedes C Class fit OK - so have one of them in the boot - as a 'spare'

Don't forget the need for a spigot ring to align them - £2 well spent. :cool:
Do any other wheels need spigot rings?
Or are mg alone in fitting incorrect wheel sizes.?

Never seen them before so a honest question.

Spigot Rings would only ever be required on aftermarket wheels.

The MB C class uses a 66.6mm counterbore, the MG5 EV (and most VAG) use 57.1mm. So @viking should use a spigot ring to ensure that his MB C class spare is aligned correctly before he tightens the spare wheel nuts.
Clearly if you use a spare with the correct 57.1 counterbore you don't need a spigot ring. But most VAG spares are the wrong diameter. So if you really care get the correct MG space saver or a full size spare.

The MB C class uses a 66.6mm counterbore, the MG5 EV (and most VAG) use 57.1mm. So @viking should use a spigot ring to ensure that his MB C class spare is aligned correctly before he tightens the spare wheel nuts.
Clearly if you use a spare with the correct 57.1 counterbore you don't need a spigot ring. But most VAG spares are the wrong diameter. So if you really care get the correct MG space saver or a full size spare.
Hi BE - Thanks for your advice. I shall look into obtaining the requisite spigot rings. Wouldn't want to do anything unsafe or illegal. I did give the nearside-front a trial run of about 5 miles. Put the car onto full lock - both forwards and backwards. No 'worrying' noises at all - so assumed all OK. Really appreciate your advice, however - thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom