MG5 SR charging display state order.

Jomarkh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I thought I would use the 'granny' to see the different charge states the car displays.
At 97% car is 'in charging'.
At 100% car has 'finished' charging but not turned off the EVSE so 'not' balanced.
When the car is balanced it shows 100% connected 'uncharged' and turns off the EVSE.
The car was unlocked for this but if you open the door the display comes on.

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_143137.jpg
    IMG_20220415_143137.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20220415_160229.jpg
    IMG_20220415_160229.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20220415_160915.jpg
    IMG_20220415_160915.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Interesting pics because as I sat in the sun today I was thinking whether I ought to stick the car on the granny to use solar excess ( - I don't have loads of spare as I only have about 4kW of panels, so on the granny it may stay within spare capacity). Your pics sort of confirm a figure I thought I'd seen, that it would charge less than 10 (I recall from somewhere about 7 mph).

I can see from the IHD when I am importing and exporting but have no way at the moment of turning a switch on and off accordingly. With being on the 5p Go Faster (20:30) rate I wouldn't really want to risk putting too much in at standard daily rates, though I can manually switch the socket remotely through my Home Assistant - could do it automatically if I had real time data, but I am not about to spend loads to enable that.

I suppose with the Home Assistant I could avoid temporary blips by, for instance, automatically turning off the plug when the kettle goes on, and turning the plug off at maybe 5pm when even on a good day production slows. I do have a light sensor so I can also turn it off it it goes suddenly rather dark but that doesn't help if someone turns on the oven. Food for thought...

Last edited:
I thought I would use the 'granny' to see the different charge states the car displays.
At 100% car has 'finished' charging but not turned off the EVSE so 'not' balanced.
When the car is balanced it shows 100% connected 'uncharged' and turns off the EVSE.
Thanks, very useful 👍

Thanks for this.

So you don't get a picture on the display of a black car then😁.
I didn’t realise I had roof bars either🙄
I suppose it has to display 'uncharged' as at that point it has turned of the EVSE.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom