MG5 Updates (Tesla)

cooljohn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi I’m pretty new only had my MG5 trophy for about 6 weeks, loving it so far but it has to go in for two upgrades this Friday.
Just wanted to know if anyone has had these updates and there these the ones that will finally allow us to use the Tesla chargers, as when I purchased the car the salesman said that all the software would be up to date, but when I tried it wouldn’t work.
Thanks in advance

Hi, do you know what modules had the updates as there are a few different computers on board?

Hi I’m pretty new only had my MG5 trophy for about 6 weeks, loving it so far but it has to go in for two upgrades this Friday.
Just wanted to know if anyone has had these updates and there these the ones that will finally allow us to use the Tesla chargers, as when I purchased the car the salesman said that all the software would be up to date, but when I tried it wouldn’t work.
Thanks in advance
I'm fairly sure they call it the EVCC update but they won't call you in to have it done automatically. MG don't really accept that is is a bug that needs fixing (although it obviously is) so they think of it as a paid upgrade. If you car is already in the workshop and you have a good relationship with the dealer then they might be happy to do it for nothing while they are doing the other work.
When I had mine done in January we were still at the stage where the dealer had to get specific approval to apply the update to a particular car. This might have changed by now but I was very glad that I had prepared the way at the time I booked my service.

I bought my Trophy on 5 February and took it straight to a Tesla charger; it didn't work. I returned to the dealer the next day to have the door locks fixed and they did an unspecified software update, which I believe was the EVCC one. I returned to the Tesla charger and it worked.

Just picked up the car and as promised I’ve attached the paperwork for the work they carried out and all free of charge.
Will be testing the Tesla chargers hopefully tomorrow. 🤞 Dealer was Glyn Hopkins Mill Hill

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 74
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom