MG5 Waze weirdness

So, ignoring which button you use, and whether you are connected by USB or AA Wireless, does anybody have any Saved locations in Waze and tried navigating to one of those using voice when connected to Android Auto and if so did it route you OK?
Yes....home worked fine, although it described what it was doing in an odd way..

Thanks, so say your home is defined as Gomev Towers and is in Posh St, did it say something like calculating route from Posh St to Gomev Towers, even though you were nowhere near Gomev Towers or Posh St, and they are one and the same place?

That's what mine does, but I don't get a route either.

Thanks, so say your home is defined as Gomev Towers and is in Posh St, did it say something like calculating route from Posh St to Gomev Towers, even though you were nowhere near Gomev Towers or Posh St, and they are one and the same place?

That's what mine does, but I don't get a route either.
Yep something like that, I ignore it now so not entirely sure of the exact words, but it does route me home.

I once had a bug where the voice directions called absolutely everything a close, it was very werid, I think it needed an app update and a clear of caches to fix.
Yeah can also be the age of the phone related too. Had to use an old iPhone SE for CarPlay a few weeks ago. Processor really struggled.

If I had an old phone I wouldn't mind, always need an excuse for an upgrade, but it's pretty recent.

I’m not expert on Android but that’s using a 6 year old processor. The problem is apps and software progress more and more and expect the same processor to keep pace.

I’ve just found that AA or CP seem to demand quite a lot from the phone.

You are wrong.

It has a Snapdragon 732G chipset consisting of 2x2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver. The 732G was introduced in August 2020.

See here

You are wrong.

It has a Snapdragon 732G chipset consisting of 2x2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver. The 732G was introduced in August 2020.

See here
No that’s cool, when I googled your phone it came up with the 845 from 2017.

Ultimately though the Waze issue is phone or app related, unless you can’t get AA to work at all. It’s the phone that does all the work.

If it were a problem when the phone wasn't connected to Android Auto I'd agree, but as I said earlier on, it isn't - it only happens when connected to Android Auto, either with cable or via AA Wireless.

But it's not high on my list of issues, thanks anyway. Especially as the disconnection problem I've documented elsewhere means I rarely depend on it now anyway :)

Yes as above AA asks the phone to do a lot more than when you’re just using the phone.

The octo-core processor can quite happily handle a fairly heavy workload.

The problem as described has all the hallmarks of a bug in something not an overload.

The octo-core processor can quite happily handle a fairly heavy workload.

The problem as described has all the hallmarks of a bug in something not an overload.
Seem to be going round in a lot of circles here. Yes there may well be a bug. Waze may have a bug, but as millions of users don’t seem to have the same issue en mass, it again suggest that the bug is sitting in your phone somewhere.

We were doing fine and the thread was happily dropping down the list till you came along with mistruths and vague statements. :)

As far as I see there is no real conclusion whether it affects everyone using Waze through AA Wireless or not, though I'd taken the lack of response to mean that it that it wasn't a widespread problem which I would live with.

Sorry, please point out where there’s any mistruths in my comments. The only area I made a presumption was on the age of your phone, but as you didn’t initially specify the version then I think that’s fair enough.

What actually happened is I responded to Gomev regarding the age of handsets abs their ability to work with AA or CP. It was then you who engaged with me.

I would suggest if you you’re not up for a genuine and helpful discussion or prepared to have your presumption ls gently challenged, then perhaps forums such as this aren’t for you.

You didn't make a presumption about the age of my phone - you asked the model, which I told you. There is only one version of that model.

You then stated that it has a 6 year old processor, which was factually incorrect and I felt needed correction so that anyone finding the thread in the future wasn't misled.

Other than that you have simply said it must be a problem with my phone, which really doesn't add so much to my knowledge.

The original point of the thread was to see if anyone else was having the problem with the particular combination when used in a specific way. Seems Gomev had some unspecified but non-impacting problem in this area but other than that either no-one else else had any comment, so either are not seeing the problem or no-one has used it in that particular configuration.

I'm always up for a genuine and helpful discussion and as a moderator of two other forums for many years, and compared to yourself a not-inconsiderable contributor to this forum I'll politely disregard your judgement about what is and isn't for me.

You didn't make a presumption about the age of my phone - you asked the model, which I told you. There is only one version of that model.

You then stated that it has a 6 year old processor, which was factually incorrect and I felt needed correction so that anyone finding the thread in the future wasn't misled.

Other than that you have simply said it must be a problem with my phone, which really doesn't add so much to my knowledge.

The original point of the thread was to see if anyone else was having the problem with the particular combination when used in a specific way. Seems Gomev had some unspecified but non-impacting problem in this area but other than that either no-one else else had any comment, so either are not seeing the problem or no-one has used it in that particular configuration.

I'm always up for a genuine and helpful discussion and as a moderator of two other forums for many years, and compared to yourself a not-inconsiderable contributor to this forum I'll politely disregard your judgement about what is and isn't for me.
The Pocophone has been out for a number of years. The NFC element may be related to a newer model. Like I said my error, but from your response an acceptable one.

Sorry your ‘knowledge’ excludes the phone being the issue. But that is where it lies. It could be a glitch with the app installation on your phone, it could be something else, but the issue lies with the phone and not the head unit.

Apologies for responding to Gomev. I didn’t see in the community rules where you were in charge or who and when a user can respond to. If you could post a flow chart of when I can post and to whom, it would be appreciated.

Also, I didn’t realise that being a moderator or forums or the point a person joins a forum, somehow dictates their knowledge on the subject. Wether you choose to acknowledge that knowledge is, of course, your choice. However it doesn’t give you the right to try and shut someone down on a thread because you disagree.

Nothing in my responses suggest I am looking for a fight, or trying to be anything other than helpful.

I believe it got somewhat obtuse when you, with no reason, accused me of mistruths and vague statements. Neither of which are justified.

At that point I believe I’m well within my rights to challenge you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom