MGZS EV Trophy LR 173miles range on 100% charge?! Normal for city driving?

We’ve had our trophy long range for 8 months in summer we were getting a range of around 290 miles, in winter it’s about 80-100 miles less. If you use Eco setting it saves a bit but heating is rubbish on that setting, also check your Kers setting we have ours on 3. It is also down to driving style as the range is always less if my other half has mainly used the car 😊

We’ve had our trophy long range for 8 months in summer we were getting a range of around 290 miles, in winter it’s about 80-100 miles less. If you use Eco setting it saves a bit but heating is rubbish on that setting, also check your Kers setting we have ours on 3. It is also down to driving style as the range is always less if my other half has mainly used the car 😊
Same here. She drives in normal with HVAC at 22c. I drive in Eco with no heating except short blasts every now and then. I have got over 4 miles per kwh in the cold spell when in the low degrees c ( never in the minus degrees though ). So if doing a long journey (I drive ) and I will monitor miles per kwh, how long after 25 % battery used etc, rather than just the GOM. I'll still graze charge wherever possible when doing comfort breaks. I am not fussed about finding the absolute cheapest charge when doing the very occasional long journey beyond the maximum range.

Forget predicted range what is the actual mileage you get? 163 miles would be about 2.4 miles per kWh which if you're doing lots of short trips in the cold and don't drive particularly efficiently would be about right.
Good luck with the handles I'm still waiting for mine!
Forgot to reply to this in good time, but garage fixed the handles’ mechanism in 1day, they’d ordered some part i believe before hand, no issues now - this was back in Jan. Hope you’ve had yours repaired by now.

Ive also wrapped my head around the predicted miles and i am happy that it is in fact a LR had a predicted range of 250miles after resetting the trips.

Im loving the car, surprisingly fast and the sun roof is a big hit with the kids they love it, a few niggling things here and there (rear camera yikes) but cant fault the car for the price 😆

Forgot to reply to this in good time, but garage fixed the handles’ mechanism in 1day, they’d ordered some part i believe before hand, no issues now - this was back in Jan. Hope you’ve had yours repaired by now.
Still waiting, been over 3 months now but expecting a call soon...ish! On the plus side that's over 3300 miles I haven't put on my car!

Still waiting, been over 3 months now but expecting a call soon...ish! On the plus side that's over 3300 miles I haven't put on my car!
Over 3months 😱 why is that? My dealership at Tunbridge Wells may be able to help them out if they don't know what the fault is or what to order in, was a very swift fix with them. Issue was flagged up at car handover 10th Dec then I managed to get the car to them around end of Jan and next day handles were repaired and car handed back to me.
I hope it’s sorted out soon for you!

We were offered a cancelled order for a same spec car, as the one we had down on order was not even manufactured yet, so we accepted it and received the car Dec 10th. We didn’t have a charge point installed as the car’s ETA was at least 3months from when status changes to shipped, and with the holidays in the midst we only managed to arrange an install for January 9th. We have had it for a couple of weeks now and have charged it about 5 times in total but for a long range we have not seen even a single charge over 200miles. The highest we ever had was 193miles i think. We have been charging to 100% to see if we get anything close to the upper range, but no luck.
Today on 100% charge it’s 173miles on the app and 163miles on the dashboard 🤔🫤
Do you think there is any chance ive been given a standard range instead of a long range or faulty battery? I know it’s cold but this is a 100mile drop in battery range than the advertised range for a LR. All paper work and registration say long range..but don’t know what to think.
I have an appointment to fix the handles on the passenger side which both don’t unlock from the inside, noticed the issue at the pick up of the car, which wasnt a great start, and i will mention the range issue then, but any information would be helpful to be armed with for the appointment.
its normal in the colder weather on all battery vehicles! my ZS LR goes down to 2.1 miles per Kw if i have the heater/AC and seat (warmer) for a toasty rear...... mind you, i was out this weekend with an open roof, and was averaging 4.1 .... you can always press the off buttons!..... :cool:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom