MG ZS EV Microphone not working in Android Auto

Lobogris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Whenever I place or receive a call via Android Auto or Bluetooth, the inbuilt mic doesn’t seem to work as the other party can’t hear me at all. Similarly if I press the voice command button on the steering or on the screen while in Android Auto, the listening symbol comes up but the car doesn’t display any command being heard. Is there a setting I need to tweak or is it a faulty mic?

Might be worth checking your Android auto permissions on the phone security settings, it may have the mic disabled.

I see in your profile your location listed as New Delhi. If you have an Indian / Asian version of the MG ZS EV then [* I think*] it comes with voice commands that should work without Android Auto for you to test your incar microfoon with. MY MG App | MG Motor India. bottom of the page "voice assistant"

I see in your profile your location listed as New Delhi. If you have an Indian / Asian version of the MG ZS EV then [* I think*] it comes with voice commands that should work without Android Auto for you to test your incar microfoon with. MY MG App | MG Motor India. bottom of the page "voice assistant"
Thank you for the response. Yes, I am in India. However, I have a UK version as it was imported by MG for demo purposes. So it is essentially the same as the people in the UK have. Unlike people in India, I don't have the connected app or the battery percentage display. The button on the steering does nothing. When in Android Auto, it brings up a bar to indicate that the system is listening but nothing else happens. The system does not show any indication that it can hear me. I was trying to see if there is a setting to tweak or else I will have to get it checked by the dealer.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I am in India. However, I have a UK version as it was imported by MG for demo purposes. So it is essentially the same as the people in the UK have. Unlike people in India, I don't have the connected app or the battery percentage display. The button on the steering does nothing. When in Android Auto, it brings up a bar to indicate that the system is listening but nothing else happens. The system does not show any indication that it can hear me. I was trying to see if there is a setting to tweak or else I will have to get it checked by the dealer.
Huawei will not properly work with Android Auto, Google/Huawei do not play well. I have a Realme 7 now which works fine, my Mate 20 would not work.

Huawei will not properly work with Android Auto, Google/Huawei do not play well. I have a Realme 7 now which works fine, my Mate 20 would not work.
My phone is about 2 years old and thus it has all Google apps and updates. It works fine in Android Auto on my Volkswagen Passat. I also tried another Xiaomi phone which had the same issue.

My phone is about 2 years old and thus it has all Google apps and updates. It works fine in Android Auto on my Volkswagen Passat. I also tried another Xiaomi phone which had the same issue.
I have the same issue with the microphone. Will be reporting it at first service to the dealer in November.

The microphone is low quality.
i should be replaced.
No one can hear a full sentence When I calling. It drives me mad.
And i received calls from the mg and the sound is so low i cant hear.
I got a 2021 Mg zs ev euro spec all the extras you can get.

I had a similar issue with Xiaomi phones in my Ioniq which was partially solved by enabling Ambient mode on the phone.
Also, ensure Google assistant and Android Auto aren't being battery managed as Xiaomi phones can be quite aggressive with app management.

I have had problems with the audio on AA. Was connected via USB cable and using AA google maps navi, but the phone did not switch to the car speakers and microphone either when i received a call.

This is only via AA, when i do normal bluetooth everything works fine....Audio and microphone wise.

Oneplus 9 phone.

AA has permission for :

Calender, contacts, microphone, call history, location, sms and phone, and the phone says i have not rejected any of the pernissions it wanted.

Also, i can not use the button for voice commands, google assistant says it's sound, and waits for input but no matter what i say, it will just think i say one word, that gives no meaning.

Hello. Personally it doesn't work only when the car is running. When it is stopped, then it's fine. I tried also with 2 other phone (huawey, samsuns galaxy s10 and Samsung Axx) and 2 different cables. I never found what happened. I the phone is disconnected, then I can use correctly the mic of the car. I'm in France. The dealer says that it come from the version of AA and not from the car.

Hello. Personally it doesn't work only when the car is running. When it is stopped, then it's fine. I tried also with 2 other phone (huawey, samsuns galaxy s10 and Samsung Axx) and 2 different cables. I never found what happened. I the phone is disconnected, then I can use correctly the mic of the car. I'm in France. The dealer says that it come from the version of AA and not from the car.
I found a solution by de activating hello MG in the parameter of the car

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_064446.jpg
    IMG_20230104_064446.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 185
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom