Mileage display

I had both eyes set for perfect distance vision, meaning that I need reading glasses, but the car screens are far enough away that I can read them (more or less) without glasses. Better with glasses though! Except, if I've had to take off my varifocals to put on (plain) sunglasses, I''m still OK.

What are you all like, are you sure some off you should be out on the road!

Here you'd better test yourselves😉

Attachments

• Snellen-chart-acuity.jpg
    Snellen-chart-acuity.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 89
Let's not enquire too closely about my vision before I had the surgery. My night vision wasn't good at all and I'm now seeing kerbs and road markings that I hadn't a hope in hell of seeing before. Although my optician said I was legal to drive, and I could read a number plate at the prescribed distance, I couldn't read road signs, which was a bit of a problem.

The bumph that came with the patient information pack said that if you could read a car number plate at 25 wide paces, you were good to go. Maybe try in two or three days. The morning after my surgery, after I'd washed the antibiotic goo out of my eyes, I discovered I could read number plates easily at 40 paces. So I went for a spin.

A couple of days later, when I had to drive to the optician's to get reading glasses, I could practically feel the Golf saying "wow, we haven't done this for a couple of years, have we?" I realised how much I'd been holding back just in case there was something I wasn't seeing. Overtaking became a thing again.

As a side note, what is the point of the car (left side) being displayed showing block graphics of other vehicles as they are in close proximity. Surely you with your human eyes watching the road will see the real world and not bother with a gimmicky graphical display of surrounding blocks. Thoughts as to why it is useful ? it beats me !.. just takes up real estate that could be used to make certain numbers and characters easier to read by enlarging them and something else more useful.

It occasionally shows something vaguely relevant when you're using ACC, like a car has cut in (it goes amber) and your car is going to have to pull back to maintain the distance set, but it's not that useful.

The lines also change colour/style when LKA and/or TJA is active to denote which side is being used for lane alignment (hopefully both sides).

This is largely what Tesla do for auto-pilot, so everyone else is essentially copying them.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back