Miles/KWh 2021 ZS EV

SimosEV

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone new here.
Has anyone else had a huge drop in their Miles/KWh since the cold weather.
I expected it to drop but not to 1.8 ! ?

Hi everyone new here.
Has anyone else had a huge drop in their Miles/KWh since the cold weather.
I expected it to drop but not to 1.8 ! ?
Yes! A big factor in my order of the new long range, the battery heater + extra range is so important this time of the year

Did 65 miles on Sunday and went from 100% down to 50%. Charged on granny for about 2 hours and got battery up to 57% . Did same return trip home (65 miles) and just made it home when the GOM went to dashed lines. Had 4% battery left. So did 130 miles and used 103% of battery implying a range of 126 miles. Not good.

That sounds about right and similar to what I got from my ZS. It never went down to 1.8m/kwh though as OP is suggesting! I suppose at motorway speed (70) with full heating etc on a very cold day maybe…

That sounds about right and similar to what I got from my ZS. It never went down to 1.8m/kwh though as OP is suggesting! I suppose at motorway speed (70) with full heating etc on a very cold day maybe…
My last 3 days of driving on A roads, 55 to 60 mph. 3.2 mpkh @ 0 degrees and 3.3 mpkh @ 4 and 6 degrees around 135miles on a full charge, ok for winter.

Yes, I was getting 4m/kwh in the warmer weather of the Summer, but I was shocked to see it drop to 2.8 on a Christmas day journey of decent distance. It was 4 deg C, raining with flooded roads, and dark, so must be the worst conditions for an EV, even keeping the speed down to 60mph.
By the way, that was in an MG5 SR, so used over 50% of the battery, where that journey normally takes 25%.

Yes, I was getting 4m/kwh in the warmer weather of the Summer, but I was shocked to see it drop to 2.8 on a Christmas day journey of decent distance. It was 4 deg C, raining with flooded roads, and dark, so must be the worst conditions for an EV, even keeping the speed down to 60mph.
By the way, that was in an MG5 SR, so used over 50% of the battery, where that journey normally takes 25%.
My ZS EV was the same yesterday 2.8 very wet , flooded roads , head wind . I also kept to 55/60 mph , heater on the lowest with air con to keep windows clear , I think 2.8 is actually not that bad as the conditions were very poor 🙂

I’ve had similar. The combination of wipers going, heating on, de-mister, motorway speeds, etc all make a huge difference. Also in icey conditions I drop the KERS to 1 as the auto braking can catch you out on a patch of ice. Happened once and poo almost came out 😳

I too had a Christmas Eve trip of 51 miles each way, on the motorway. Weather conditions atrocious, wind heavy rain and cold. 2.8m/kw achieved. But from a 95% charge at home, I made it back with 20 miles to spare, so expected range was 125+ for a full battery. I reduced the Kers to 1 on the return journey, and that seemed to make a difference.

As an aside, I tried to charge before the return journey at a Morrisons Genie charger. It refused my RFID card!! It was my fault as I had a new payment card and I had not updated it!!!. I tried a motorway service station and both pumps were occupied. So I said suck it, I am going for home. GOM said I had 20 miles in excess, and that proved to be right....:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom