Mirror doesn't fold

miko

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi guys, about two months ago my pasenger side mirror didnt fold when I lock the car, I tray it manually but nothing hapened, disconect 12v battery but nothing happened. Last week I was at service and they check but there was no error and mirror fold...for one day, next day mirror dint fold when car is locked and now driver side also doesn't fold.
In service centre they told me that I am not the first one with this problem but they don't know solution. They opened warranty but I don't know what is next??
Did any of you have same problem??

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you have the Exclusive as the Excite doesn't have auto folding mirrors.
Have you tried resetting them using the internal switch ?
Put the switch in the central position and press down and hold for a couple of seconds, let go then press down again to unfold. They should then fold on lock and unfold on unlock.

I'm having a similar problem, but it's intermittent, probably 1 time in 10, ish. only the drivers side. had it in the garage last week, they stripped it down, couldn't find anything. It did it again twice this weekend. going to book it back in, it seems mechanical rather than electrical.
261010398_3075224819360729_8135654577793415531_n.jpg

I’ve had the same sorts of problems with both of the last two cars that I have had, a MB B180 and a Skoda Yeti. Once or twice in the Yeti, the mirrors just refused to fold out from the ‘in’ position. Jiggling around, locking and unlocking the cars cleared the problems every time but a bit annoying. I wonder if this is a well-known industry wide problem?

mine (albeit a '5) sounded like they were struggling this morning, I've turned that off until it warms up a bit...

My is happening the same, I told the service department about the problem, and the check, don't find what is wrong,.
But they place an order for an new one for replacement through the warranty. I am still waiting for the part arrive in the UK.

My is happening the same, I told the service department about the problem, and the check, don't find what is wrong,.
But they place an order for an new one for replacement through the warranty. I am still waiting for the part arrive in the UK.
Yes, booked in, waiting for parts, they said a week, we'll see. I'll try and find out what the issue is once it's changed, but I feel they won't care what the problem is, just 'bit off, bit on'

My ZS exclusive did this today, drivers side wouldn't fold when locking so after several attempts I folded it manually then it worked fine? - see what tomorrow brings.

Could it be related to the wiring loom recall?

I had something similar, plus a driver's side window that was stuck down. All was intermittent, but worse when wet. The MG garage said it was a water damaged reversing sensor. I guess that all the parts are on the same data bus and the water damaged sensor was degrading the CAM bus signal. Anyhow, sensor replaced and no problems since.

Could it be ambient temperature related?
It certainly could be but I first had it happen, or at least noticed it, about 3 months ago. It wasn't cold then. I thought it was a one-off then, but it seems to be more and more often now, but still intermittent

Assuming you have the Exclusive as the Excite doesn't have auto folding mirrors.
Have you tried resetting them using the internal switch ?
Put the switch in the central position and press down and hold for a couple of seconds, let go then press down again to unfold. They should then fold on lock and unfold on unlock.
Thanks for that tip it fixed my folding/non folding mirrors, where did you find that info I searched the handbook without success..
Cheers

My ZS exclusive did this today, drivers side wouldn't fold when locking so after several attempts I folded it manually then it worked fine? - see what tomorrow brings.
My ZS trophy developed same problem after 9 months driving. Only driver side. Looks like something faulty in design. I tried to adjust the driver side mirror then it works. But it happens again later.

Thanks for that tip it fixed my folding/non folding mirrors, where did you find that info I searched the handbook without success..
Cheers
Page 56 of the Gen 1 manual or page 57 of the Gen 2.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom