Mirror doesn't fold

Assuming you have the Exclusive as the Excite doesn't have auto folding mirrors.
Have you tried resetting them using the internal switch ?
Put the switch in the central position and press down and hold for a couple of seconds, let go then press down again to unfold. They should then fold on lock and unfold on unlock.
Great Tip. Worked for me, just needed to lock and unlock once after before it worked.

Hi guys, about two months ago my pasenger side mirror didnt fold when I lock the car, I tray it manually but nothing hapened, disconect 12v battery but nothing happened. Last week I was at service and they check but there was no error and mirror fold...for one day, next day mirror dint fold when car is locked and now driver side also doesn't fold.
In service centre they told me that I am not the first one with this problem but they don't know solution. They opened warranty but I don't know what is next??
Did any of you have same problem??
Seems it's a wiring loom fault in the door. I had this fixed about a year ago but it's back!

The very early Gen1 ZS EV UK models, had an issue with the wiring loom in the drivers door.
I believe it was a wiring routing issue.
But the fix was addressed by replacing and then correcting the rerouting of the loom.
Our Gen1 ZS EV was affected by this problem and the loom was replaced under warranty, at the point of the cars first service visit to the dealer.
The car had not failed in any such way with regards to this problem, but the loom was replaced regardless.

Does anyone know if there is a way to not have the mirrors fold in when you turn the car off and lock it. I'd prefer this in snowy conditions. Though I do use wing mirror covers / "mittens".

Last edited:
I don’t believe the owner has any control of this feature unfortunately.
Both the Gen1 and Gen2 ZS EV’s did not have the ability to “turn off” the auto fold feature for the door mirrors .
It can be painful on the ears, hearing the motors struggle to push open the mirrors when they are frozen 🥶 due to bad weather conditions.

I had this issue, was definitely cold related, if we had a bit of rain then freezing temps it would stick the mirrors, I poured warm water on them which sorted it and haven’t had an issue since the temps increased

I had this issue, was definitely cold related, if we had a bit of rain then freezing temps it would stick the mirrors, I poured warm water on them which sorted it and haven’t had an issue since the temps increased
Spray some de-icer on the joint for Winter, it stops them freezing and lubricates them a bit.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom