Mk1 service plan

andykc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Apologies if threads already exist for this topic

I am looking at purchasing a used ZS EV but am having great difficulty obtaining servicing costs in the UK

MG have advised ne that they no longer sell service plans

I would appreciate advice on schedules and costs please

There are no Service plans at the moment.
Under 10k it is about £50 and between 10k-15k about £100 for the first service.

Quick search 🔍 will bring up the threads, but I don’t think they are offering any service plans at the moment ?.
Services tend to get a little more expensive as the car ages, as a few extra items are needed attending too.
I seem to remember there is a more costly service due at 4 years, because the car requires the battery coolant replacing ?.
MG do offer two different rates for EV servicing.
They have the standard service charge and a low mileage ( low user ) service rate, if your car qualifies.
It is more of a quick health check, other than a service really.
I seem to remember that my first standard service on the ZS EV Gen1 was around £80 and £170 for the second year service, which required a cabin filter replacement.
Remember, these prices include 1 years full AA recovery !.
Try getting a ICE car serviced at a main dealers for that price, that includes the breakdown cover.
Don’t bother looking 🤣.

Quick search 🔍 will bring up the threads, but I don’t think they are offering any service plans at the moment ?.
Services tend to get a little more expensive as the car ages, as a few extra items are needed attending too.
I seem to remember there is a more costly service due at 4 years, because the car requires the battery coolant replacing ?.
MG do offer two different rates for EV servicing.
They have the standard service charge and a low mileage ( low user ) service rate, if your car qualifies.
It is more of a quick health check, other than a service really.
I seem to remember that my first standard service on the ZS EV Gen1 was around £80 and £170 for the second year service, which required a cabin filter replacement.
Remember, these prices include 1 years full AA recovery !.
Try getting a ICE car serviced at a main dealers for that price, that includes the breakdown cover.
Don’t bother looking 🤣.
Thanks

I rang around a few places for my 2020 Mk1, with 18k miles. Three MG dealers quoted the same price of £260 for a second year service - apparently MG sets the price. They were also booked up 6 weeks in advance

Thanks for the information

Sounds like a rip off to me for an ev when they probably don't do a lot

Hyundai Ioniq alternates between £70 and £130 per service

Just got my second year service done for £150 at Richmond MG in Guildford. They quoted me £260 but I didn’t complain…software update done as well as seemingly fixing the intermittent air con issue, without actually doing anything. I wonder if it was the pollen filter?!

Thanks @Gadget Geek We where comparing service prices for a Hyundai Ioniq that alternates between £70 and £130 per service without providing any A.A. cover.
See hash tag 10 above for clarification (y) Cheers.
That's strange, because Hyundai renew the breakdown cover on my Kona if I have it serviced at a registered Hyundai dealership.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom