More App Issues - Can't Sign In - Now Solved

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
A couple of days ago my app crashed and I haven't been able to get signed back into it.

When I type my actual password then I get the result shown in the first picture, and when I try and sign on with a password that I know is wrong I get the error message shown in the second picture. I don't recollect seeing anybody else with this particular issue and wondered if anybody knew what the solution might be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805_212327_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_212327_MG iSMART.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20230805_212350_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_212350_MG iSMART.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 96
Have you tried either going into your phone's settings and clearing the apps memory and cache or uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?

Have you tried either going into your phone's settings and clearing the apps memory and cache or uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?
Thanks @Ian Key
I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it, I tried to sign in and got the message that my phone number wasn't registered. I tried to register, and asked for the verification code and got a message back saying that the service isn't available at the moment.

I guess that I'll just have to keep trying.

Thanks @Ian Key
I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it, I tried to sign in and got the message that my phone number wasn't registered. I tried to register, and asked for the verification code and got a message back saying that the service isn't available at the moment.

I guess that I'll just have to keep trying.
Try using your email address instead of your mobile number. Their text service is a little flaky

A couple of days ago my app crashed and I haven't been able to get signed back into it.

When I type my actual password then I get the result shown in the first picture, and when I try and sign on with a password that I know is wrong I get the error message shown in the second picture. I don't recollect seeing anybody else with this particular issue and wondered if anybody knew what the solution might be.
I’m getting the exact same problem 🤦‍♂️

@Veryfatbloke Ive fixed it. Turns out they’ve changed the password criteria so that only numbers and letters are allowed. Special characters such as $#|+ are not allowed. I had to reset my password to meet the new criteria. I’m going to assume this is an oversight on the app developers part because it’s going to screw a lot of folk. Fun and games.

That's a bit weird. It's only in the last few weeks that I've come across a couple of sites insisting that a password must have a special character in it. I thought it was the new standard!

@Veryfatbloke Ive fixed it. Turns out they’ve changed the password criteria so that only numbers and letters are allowed. Special characters such as $#|+ are not allowed. I had to reset my password to meet the new criteria. I’m going to assume this is an oversight on the app developers part because it’s going to screw a lot of folk. Fun and games.
That's odd, I've been out most of the day and I came home and tried again. This time I received the code and was then able to change my password. As you say I changed it to one without any special characters and all is now good.

The joys of modern technology....

That's odd, I've been out most of the day and I came home and tried again. This time I received the code and was then able to change my password. As you say I changed it to one without any special characters and all is now good.

The joys of modern technology....
I had exactly the same thing last weekend. Ended in a cycle going round trying to bind the car endlessly with new password . Luckily I left it for a few days AB’s it righted itself.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 545 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back