Most annoying car ever made?

Well, I'm a miserable git by default but yes, I'm happy with the car now. Those annoying alerts totally kill the driving experience and will not be missed!
I've basically paid £80 to undo the terrible design decisions made by MG, and I'm happy about it. I think they may be evil geniuses hell bent on world domination...

I've basically paid £80 to undo the terrible design decisions made by MG, and I'm happy about it. I think they may be evil geniuses hell bent on world domination...
Well actually... MG are a brand of SAIC, who in turn are entirely owned by... The Chinese Communist State Government, who do indeed wish to dominate the world, commercially at least and would probably like it if we all became a bit more "commie" as well. So all joking apart, you're most likely correct, Comrade. ;)

And anyway you can't tell from a single test drive that certain alerts cannot be disabled.

Dealer says comfort 2 is a chargeable upgrade, so days after spending over £20k on a very nearly new car I have to cough up another £80 to prevent myself from deliberately driving the thing into the river. Suffice to say I will be taking it elsewhere for servicing.

How MG can consider this a chargeable 'optional upgrade' is beyond me. You'd have to be stone deaf to retain your sanity after driving it without the 'upgrade' for any length of time.
Sam Luscombes in Leeds do FOC C2 updates

I watched the Youtube video of that yesterday and I was screaming at the screen for someone to ask Miles why you have to pay someone to sit and watch a progress bar for an hour. No one did :-(
It’s taking up a bay in the dealers garage whilst connected to server in China plus the technician also has to install a couple of usb updates on infotainment system

We just got the new BMS update done (60£) so now we can charge the car without having the doors locked. Would be nice to have it for free, but glad it was possible to make the change to the car :)

In the UK I’m sure that this is a free update....has anyone in the UK paid for the BMS update?

I’m not sure if you are aware, but MG have been selling the petrol ZS since 2017. It has all the bongs we complain about. I’m not sure about the face lift version, but the one I drive last month had bongs. Maybe the petrol ZS drivers aren’t as picky as is EV drivers :rolleyes:

It would be interesting if they are present in the ICE facelift if early adopters of the facelift EV when it comes out have to go back to square one with bong-gate?

I paid £60 for my comfort pack 2 update and it was worth every penny. I loved the car besides that bongs but the bongs still drove me mad. There are a few things you get in the comfort pack update and one of them is more miles out fo a fully charged battery. Not a huge amount more but it seems the efficiency software has improved and over a period of time you get your money back in miles so it's definitely worth it.

At the very least try to talk them down to match £60, My dealer is Stoneacre for reference if you are going for a competitive quote.

Good luck mate.

I paid £60 for my comfort pack 2 update and it was worth every penny. I loved the car besides that bongs but the bongs still drove me mad. There are a few things you get in the comfort pack update and one of them is more miles out fo a fully charged battery. Not a huge amount more but it seems the efficiency software has improved and over a period of time you get your money back in miles so it's definitely worth it.

Good luck mate.

LOL, just put it down to experience and move on.
I read about this Comfort 2 update in this forum and got my dealership to agree in writing that they will do all the software update as part of the sale before I pick up the car.
Have had it only for a few days but it's been a pleasure to drive - especially the ACC and Lane keep assist functions which I have not used before ever.

But I got to say SAIC-MG have well and truly beaten the likes of Tesla in this segment - at this size, price and range they just don't have any competition

I agree....whilst out shopping I called in at my local Kia dealer, to look at the latest E Nero....Just to asses its size etc. It looks very nice, but to get the top spec features.....its £39+k....less 3 from the government, but still £36K! And 3 month wait...unless you happen to like white...£13k more than my MG.

A lot to pay for the extra range.:rolleyes:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom