Motability swapping Easee for Ohme ePod.

1MGEVUSER

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have been notified that my Easee One home charger will be changed for an Ohme ePod very soon.

Motability's reason is because they are not longer partners with Easee.
They cannot honour any guarantee for the Easter one in any malfunction.

To me feels like there is something else going on here... I am thinking possibly a UK conformity matter?
I mean... Motability is doing all of this at no extra cost to me and others in the scheme.

What do people here think of the ePod? Is it compatible with the new facelift ZS 2022 Trophy?
Any issues?
I am a bit gutted as the Easee One has been faultless so far and I am not looking forward to have my wall re-drilled. But I want the charger to be warranted in any event.

I also read that the ePod simm card is free for 3 years... what happens after? Has anyone had their Ohme for over 3 years and are you paying for a new simm card or some membership to Ohme?

The Ohme should be fine with your ZS and at least it gives you the chance to sign up to Intelligent Octopus.

I am using Ohme ePod with face lifted ZS trophy. There is no problem on charging. I am with Octopus Energy. I am not sure If they actually give me Intelligent Octopus tariff or not because they have not sent me a bill yet after 10 weeks with them.

I have two Ohme accounts. Charging history is independant to each other. 2nd account need one off approval from first account for registration with same device. 2nd account need approve his/her own charging every time. Only one account can modify the active charging session.

If the grid is green then the charge may start earlier. When the wind was high this week I was plugging in when I got home at 5pm and the Ohme gave me slots from 1705-1945.
Oh, that would suit me. Not possible with my current one, so looking forward to using that feature. Not looking too much forward to the installer altering the electrics and the new holes for the ePod location, as the bricks in the porch are a bit flakey and crumbly. Even when drilling a small hole it tear a chunk off the surface of the brick.

I am using Ohme ePod with face lifted ZS trophy. There is no problem on charging. I am with Octopus Energy. I am not sure If they actually give me Intelligent Octopus tariff or not because they have not sent me a bill yet after 10 weeks with them.

I have two Ohme accounts. Charging history is independant to each other. 2nd account need one off approval from first account for registration with same device. 2nd account need approve his/her own charging every time. Only one account can modify the active charging session.
I sent Octopus a message asking if I can switch to the intelligent tariff once the ePod gets installed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom