Mud Flaps finally arrived - Any tips or tricks for fitting?

The screws in the kit are fine except for one. The that fits inside the cup shape. It needs to be about 8 to 10 mm longer, try to re use the washer as a bigger one with snag on the edge of the cup shape and make it difficult to line up. I didn’t buy mine just used what I had in my tool box.
I will remove invoicethanks.

Does it need to be a plastic screw? I have a box of old screws and haven't yet found anything suitable so maybe a trip to ...uh... Screwfix? LOL

The original one is steel, black coated. I used an old steel screw, the original washer and covered them both in grease before fitting. A dab of grease on the screw head afterwards. Job done.

I feel I've been barking up the wrong tree, if so apols.

The pack of fixings they sent me included some short black metal screws, and one lot of shorter plastic push-ins with plastic screws to secure them (a bit like rawlplugs) and a longer set.

When I looked at the car, there was a plastic push fitting where the top of the mudguard will be, and lower down, in a bit of a recess, was a nut headed thing which I didn't take out.

I'm now thinking maybe you are talking about this lower screw (bolt?), in which case I reckon I must be able to find something. When it warms up a bit I'll go and take it out and see.

Thanks for your patience. :)

Got the fronts done now, thanks again.

They didn't sit quite as neatly as the rears but they don't interfere with the wheel and they aren't loose.

As I had to wash the area they were going on to, I now have a clean bit of wing behind each front wheel. Either I wash the car this weekend or go rallying :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom