Muting the radio

meicd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I’ve worked out now that if you want to mute the radio rather than have to turn down the volume to silent, you can press the top of the joystick (push it in like a reset) on the right hand control on the steering wheel while it is focused on the radio control. If you have flipped it to the speedo control it won’t work so just flip it back to radio and it works.

Added from other thread;

It definitely does work for me too and if it is in HVAC mode, it switches the system to auto with a press too

if you have pressed the star shortcut for HVAC it does the auto control.

I’ve worked out now that if you want to mute the radio rather than have to turn down the volume to silent, you can press the top of the joystick (push it in like a reset) on the right hand control on the steering wheel while it is focused on the radio control. If you have flipped it to the speedo control it won’t work so just flip it back to radio and it works.
Can I just say, thank you so much for this tip.

This works for me, but does anyone know how to stop the radio playing by default on starting the car? If I change the source to USB2 it remembers a couple of times, then bingo, back to radio.

This works for me, but does anyone know how to stop the radio playing by default on starting the car? If I change the source to USB2 it remembers a couple of times, then bingo, back to radio.
Yes. I managed to leave on mute. But the moment i connect my phone it resets.

Here are a tip on how to use the right stering controlls (my way):

I always leave it in standard setting (sound controll).
When I wish to adjust hvac I press star button, when finnished I press star button to turn it back to volume controll.
The same goes for activating messenger senter/right panel in the instrument cluster (middle button right). On, do my thing, off.

Doing it this way may seem a little unnecessary, but I find that doing it this way enables me to build muscle memory. And now I do this without a second thought. I find it amazing how quickly this seemingly advanced car is growing on me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back