My boot doesn't lock. Anyone else had this

FatSting

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
It's brand new and I've discovered it wont lock.
Anybody else had this?
Obviously it can go to a dealer to be fixed, but I was wondering what it might be

thanks folks, problem solved.
I have read through the manual but didnt see this. Handy to know. I take it, if the key is in the car and the doors are locked you still cant open the boot. I'll try this later at work (where the spare key is)

Yes it be good if when picking up the car first time you are told about it it took me going back to dealership and the mechanic game out and explained it better good if want to put things in boot and then close and it all locks so carry on what you were doing and not have to get your keys out of your pocket 🙂

You can't lock the doors with the key inside it beeps the horn at you.

It does auto lock once you get over a certain speed. If you stop the boot won't open unless you've got out the drivers door, turned the car off, or pressed the unlock button on the drivers door.

If you open the boot (without unlocking the car) and leave your keys in the boot and try to shut it, the boot will "pop" open a little and not lock...my wife did this which is how we discovered it.

You can't lock the doors with the key inside it beeps the horn at you.

It does auto lock once you get over a certain speed. If you stop the boot won't open unless you've got out the drivers door, turned the car off, or pressed the unlock button on the drivers door.
You can lock the doors with the key inside.

I take it, if the key is in the car and the doors are locked you still cant open the boot. I'll try this later at work (where the spare key is)
I assume you mean, someone else can't open the boot while you're inside.
If so, yes, once the car locks as you drive off it locks all the doors and the boot so nobody can open the boot while you're stopped in traffic etc.

thank you
I assume you mean, someone else can't open the boot while you're inside.
If so, yes, once the car locks as you drive off it locks all the doors and the boot so nobody can open the boot while you're stopped in traffic etc.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom