My car doesn't like the cold.

Wibble

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My pre FL doesn't like the cold.

The tyre pressure sensors keep giving false low pressure warnings even when the display shows the tyre at the same pressure as the rest. I have confirmed by manually checking the pressures.

I keep getting warnings relating to the camera and then the lane assistant being unavailable. Frustratingly, even if you preemptively turn lane keep assistance off you still get the warnings. It's most likely ice/dirt near the camera but I can live without the functionality until I can clean it. I just don't need repeated warnings and beeps.

Auto lights are also all over the place with various warnings even if you switch to manual.

It's all a bit annoying and a distraction which is not what you need on cold icy roads often in the dark. I can only hope the software is improved but won't hold my breath.

The tyre pressure sensors keep giving false low pressure warnings even when the display shows the tyre at the same pressure as the rest. I have confirmed by manually checking the pressures.

I keep getting warnings relating to the camera and then the lane assistant being unavailable. Frustratingly, even if you preemptively turn lane keep assistance off you still get the warnings. It's most likely ice/dirt near the camera but I can live without the functionality until I can clean it. I just don't need repeated warnings and beeps.

Auto lights are also all over the place with various warnings even if you switch to manual.

It's all a bit annoying and a distraction which is not what you need on cold icy roads often in the dark. I can only hope the software is improved but won't hold my breath.
Have you tried disconnecting the 12V aux battery to reset the electronics?

In tunnels humidity does that to my FL but clears shortly after.

I see similar in mine. I think the wiper blades get quite stiff when cold and don't wipe the glass in front of the camera. Software detects and then all the warnings ⚠️.

Have you tried disconnecting the 12V aux battery to reset the electronics?

It generally sorts itself out when you turn it off, its just frustrating on the way to work etc. On the way home its normally fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom