My first 1000 EV miles of steep learning...

If this helps, here are a couple of angles of the boot in my MG5 with seats fully folded.

Sorry for the grubby canvas liner - it was transferred straight out of the old car.

View attachment 1681

View attachment 1680

There's quite a step up from the lower boot floor to the seat backs. This could be made more uniform by fabricating a riser for the boot floor, as @thefunkystoat has demonstrated in another thread. This would also have the advantage of allowing a full-size spare wheel - as it comes, there's only room for a space-saver as the wheel well is just 5" / 12.5cm deep.
With raised floor for comparison

Attachments

• 5AF78D12-F649-4035-8FD1-B3F45CB2C800.jpeg
    5AF78D12-F649-4035-8FD1-B3F45CB2C800.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 134
Unfortunately i did that last night but only gained 8 miles and have lost the car for who knows how long 😥
I finally got to pick up the car yesterday, it's all running superbly (seems to be running better than new, to be honest i think it's running on adrenalin not electric at the moment). Absolutely over the moon to get it back just hope everything is fixed now. Didn't get any indication of what was finally done it was a "no paperwork, no bill to pay, can you please take it now we have a delivery of cars due" sort of time.

I finally got to pick up the car yesterday, it's all running superbly (seems to be running better than new, to be honest i think it's running on adrenalin not electric at the moment). Absolutely over the moon to get it back just hope everything is fixed now. Didn't get any indication of what was finally done it was a "no paperwork, no bill to pay, can you please take it now we have a delivery of cars due" sort of time.
Well scorpion I’m so pleased to hear you got it back and it’s running well now and I hope it stays that way for you it sounds to me like they have done a proper PDI on it now which should have been done in first place when you consider the mileage and age factor as they have not told you anything as to why this problem happened and give you no paperwork at all, anyhow good luck and enjoy

Well scorpion I’m so pleased to hear you got it back and it’s running well now and I hope it stays that way for you it sounds to me like they have done a proper PDI on it now which should have been done in first place when you consider the mileage and age factor as they have not told you anything as to why this problem happened and give you no paperwork at all, anyhow good luck and enjoy
Thanks

I had a Golf Estate GT TDI can you confirm that the boot is about the same size on the MG5? I have ordered an MG5 without test driving it. Only seen it on the PC at home.
I have traded in my 4 yr old GTD estate and the main diff is the lip on the MG. Slightly less space all round especially under the false floor. Also the side pocket is smaller with the side pocket on the left no use for anything. Its not bad..just a bit smaller but I am not paying for GTD quality

The left-side cubbyhole is exactly the right size to hold my 3-pin charger in its case, and the right-side one is exactly the right size for my type-2 cable in its case. Almost like it's designed for them, although I suspect it's actually more of a coincidence.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom