My Mk1 Trophy is in for a service next week…

Cloggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So, my MG4 is in for a service next week.

I’m going to ask for the full raft of software updates; FICM, EVCC, BCM & FDSR.

My question is, where do I need to look to check the current software version numbers, so I can check the updates have been done when I collect the car afterwards?

Thanks in anticipation 👍🏻

If you can get into Engineering Mode (via pressing 5 times at infotainment version, then enter 200519), you will be able to find some of the software versions listed within the 'Product Info' menu. This applies only to the Trophys.
PXL_20230720_110138380.jpg

Last edited:
Is the 1100R33 for the SE?

I thought the Trophy latest was R46 🤔

What has changed, anything?
I responded on the basis of what your profile says ... MG4 SE SR. If you have another model then I suggest you update your profile. ;)

Details of what 1100R33 entails can be found in my thread:

If you can get into Engineering Mode (via pressing 5X at infotainment version, then enter 200519), you will be able to find some of the software versions listed within the 'Product Info' menu. This applies only to the Trophys.
View attachment 21892
How do you mean ‘pressing 5X at Infotainment version’?

I responded on the basis of what your profile says ... MG4 SE SR. If you have another model then I suggest you update your profile. ;)
You can't rely on that because since the options changed it reset people's default to SE SR and many haven't updated them.

So, my MG4 is in for a service next week.

I’m going to ask for the full raft of software updates; FICM, EVCC, BCM & FDSR.

My question is, where do I need to look to check the current software version numbers, so I can check the updates have been done when I collect the car afterwards?

Thanks in anticipation 👍🏻
While you can't easily check what you have, you can ask your garage for a list of the modules updated with versions - tell them in advance you will want this and they should be able to record it and let you know.

I only took delivery of my new Trophy ER last Thursday, and have been trawling through everything to find out what it does and doesn’t do. Most so far seems positive apart, that is, from an immediate major gripe to discover the retrograde step back to a single-phase charger. 90% of my mileage is between the UK and SW France, where there is a plethora of 22 kW chargers in every small town or village, where even the small increase to <11 kW would help. Luckily though, I should largely be able to jump from CCS to CCS.

One thing though that I want to check out (as it seems to raise issues and debates here, left, right and centre) is what software versions the car has. I’m sure I’m being a complete BF but (before I even contemplate the dangers of entering engineering modes!) I seem to need an ‘idiot sheet’ to tell me where to find the existing basic info. I thought I had followed advice and looked everywhere showing a settings ‘cog’, but can’t find anything, anywhere; so if anyone kindly has such an idiot sheet, I would much appreciate some guidance please.

Thanks!

Settings cog wheel on the right side of the Infotainment screen (below the Home button), and then the System option will show what you currently have. The image below is from my own car (SE SR):

1701624853499.png

My screen arrangement seems quite different to yours, and the only way to access Settings is by swiping to the second Home page, where accessing Settings is via an icon. I have tried this numerous times and there have only ever been four items showing, with a gap where the Entertainment should have been (and also no version numbers below any of the titles).

So, I’ve just gone out to check it again, and you are obviously a magician (or more likely my age is getting the better of me), because the Entertainment and Telecoms versions are now both clearly there (it has to have been me somehow).

Apologies for the rubbish image taken shivering in soaking pitch dark, but I can now see that I am on R46 – which concurs performance-wise with everything that I have read elsewhere so far.

IMG_20231203_174255863.jpg

Apologies for wasting time! – but thanks anyway.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back