My odometer miles drive are 25% greater than battery miles used

When you say 'battery miles' do you mean the range left as in the GOM guess-o-meter ?

On a journey of 70 miles driven yesterday the battery miles reduced by 56 shown. Is this usual? Anyone else done the comparison? MG ZS EV 2020 plate.
If you actually covered 70 miles in distance, but the GOM only reported that you had only consumed 56 miles from the predicted range, then that is a good thing !.
If on the hand it is the complete opposite, then your consumption is high which is due to many factors, speed / weather / electrical equipment ( HVAC ) / driving style etc.

When you say 'battery miles' do you mean the range left as in the GOM guess-o-meter ?
Yes (I smiled at guess-o-meter). But I've discovered an important thing about this EV: odometer miles are the distance you actually cover, the battery GOM miles are what it has consumed based on prev driving perhaps (guessing) - I'm not sure I have ever observed this from the EV pundits whose YouTube material I scoured before buying. From now on I shall be setting the trip recorder (assuming it has one) to 0 with each recharge and observing. Anyone else got a similar experience?

I have been monitoring my kilometers travelled against my predicted distance for a little while now. A simple example is yesterday, I travelled exactly 50 kilometers on the odometer. My remaining kilometers on the GOM indicated I had only used 46 kilometers. I average 15 kilowatts per hundred kilometers - again on this trip I maintained the same average. I had the KERS set on three and as a result I think the regenerative system saved me 4 kms over the 50 km trip. I understand it may vary depending on a number of factors, but so far it is pretty consistent.

Yes (I smiled at guess-o-meter). But I've discovered an important thing about this EV: odometer miles are the distance you actually cover, the battery GOM miles are what it has consumed based on prev driving perhaps (guessing) - I'm not sure I have ever observed this from the EV pundits whose YouTube material I scoured before buying. From now on I shall be setting the trip recorder (assuming it has one) to 0 with each recharge and observing. Anyone else got a similar experience?
There are 2 trip recorders, down arrow on the steering wheel (right side) when the digital speedo is showing..

First is current journey and is automatically reset to zero on each journey, small stops for shopping or whatever doesn't reset, but leave it for a a time and it will.

The second is the cumulative trip. This is the long term accumulation of knowledge of how you are driving and your GOM range at full charge is based on this. Resetting this trip will reset your GOM range to the factory default of 164 miles or 263 km on full charge.

I have been monitoring my kilometers travelled against my predicted distance for a little while now. A simple example is yesterday, I travelled exactly 50 kilometers on the odometer. My remaining kilometers on the GOM indicated I had only used 46 kilometers. I average 15 kilowatts per hundred kilometers - again on this trip I maintained the same average. I had the KERS set on three and as a result I think the regenerative system saved me 4 kms over the 50 km trip. I understand it may vary depending on a number of factors, but so far it is pretty consistent.
Hi there in NSW! I've resolved to record ODO miles during the battery rund down after a full charge. Then I'll report to MG v=central.

It's not unusual in mild weather and gentle driving to use less miles off the GOM. Some of it is the GOM readjusting to your driving and some is regenerated energy from slowing down or braking.

Although the GOM is "Just That" - A Guess - O - Meter.
Over the last 15 months of ownership, I have found it to be pretty accurate in it's predictions of range, by and large.
Not something that can be 100% relied on - but it's a pretty good "Ball Pack" figure.
Over the 11,000 miles that we have covered, the consumption is fairly close to a "One on One" situation regarding miles covered to the milage shown on the GOM.
Of course this can fluctuate slightly, but by and large it's not a million miles out !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom