Chequers

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have a small family owed MG dealer three miles away with a phase one trophy with low miles and also a large dealership with a Phase two trophy an hours drive away at the same price albeit with slightly higher miles.
Now my issue is common sense tells me that the phase two with a few more miles on it (less than 6000) would be the better buy, but my conscience is bugging me that It's not a great look buying from elsewhere then expecting my local dealer to fix whatever issues the car subsequently has especially, if MG won't accept there is an issue, IE it would be at the garages cost.

Thoughts please.

If you have a warranty issue, your local dealer will be paid by MG to do the work.

They really won't care where you got the car from and like any decent dealer (assuming they are) will be happy to have a new customer on the books.

Edit And if MG don't accept it (future issues?) You will have to pay whichever dealer you use.
Unless your future issues come under the sale of goods act.

Perhaps you won't have anything to worry about? 👍🤣

If you have a warranty issue, your local dealer will be paid by MG to do the work.

They really won't care where you got the car from and like any decent dealer (assuming they are) will be happy to have a new customer on the books.

Edit And if MG don't accept it (future issues?) You will have to pay whichever dealer you use.

What he said, saved me writing all that.
Plus the phase 2, is the slightly updated and newer car. 🙂👍

I have a small family owed MG dealer three miles away with a phase one trophy with low miles and also a large dealership with a Phase two trophy an hours drive away at the same price albeit with slightly higher miles.
Now my issue is common sense tells me that the phase two with a few more miles on it (less than 6000) would be the better buy, but my conscience is bugging me that It's not a great look buying from elsewhere then expecting my local dealer to fix whatever issues the car subsequently has especially, if MG won't accept there is an issue, IE it would be at the garages cost.

Thoughts please.
What the three wise men said…

But what real incentive does the local dealer have other than a good will gesture hoping for a future customer.
If you had an issue for instance the undertray would the local dealer press the issue with MG for you given that they made nothing out of the original sale.
Might just be me, but I would feel guilty putting that on them, especially as I would be wanting to build a relationship with them going forward.

The thing is I can't get out of my mind I would have bought a car not from MG but from the dealer.

That's pretty much what the little feller sat on my other shoulder was telling me :)

There are quite a few of us who go to a different dealer to the one we bought it from for warranty work and servicing.
I bought mine from a dealer in Nottingham but have taken a service plan out with the one in Derby because it was cheaper and I don't have to go down the 🤬 A52 into Nottingham 🤣

IMO Phase 1 is a no brainer. Really wouldn’t want an electric car that doesn’t have a 3 phase charger. But then we have quite a lot of phase 3 public chargers here in the Netherlands and I have a 3 phase charger at home.

Haven’t had any charging issues part from a frozen charge flap, neither at home or at the quick chargers (Fastned, Tesla, Allego and McDonald’s).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back