MY2023 Luxury Spec Question

jiiikoo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hey everyone,

So I just ordered one through a dealer in Finland and in the order it's listed as being Model Year 2023, which I would assume would mean it would come with the 18'' wheels, one pedal driving and fifth head rest, as far as I am aware? On the dealers website, it's still listing the MY2022 specs, for example 17'' wheels. The cars are coming through Sweden to Finland and I was told it would take around 2-3 months for my order to be fulfilled.

How confident can I be that it will have these updates?

Check with the dealer. I reckon they just haven't updated their website. A common issue with businesses who know little about IT and forget about asking their provider to update things, don't have a maintenance contract or don't want to spend the money.. I'd be really surprised if there were any MY22 models available now.

You have the upper hand as well having ordered a MY23 model.

Check with the dealer. I reckon they just haven't updated their website. A common issue with businesses who know little about IT and forget about asking their provider to update things, don't have a maintenance contract or don't want to spend the money.. I'd be really surprised if there were any MY22 models available now.

You have the upper hand as well having ordered a MY23 model.
Yeah. Just the info on their website being wrong and the test car I drove being the 2022 model (16” wheels, 51kWh SE) just makes me a bit weary. I checked their website and they might be listing some 2022’s with 2023MY as well so who knows 😬

I did send them an email but it being a public holiday here, not holding my breath on hearing anything before Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure you will get a MY23. Also AFAIK one pedal driving is available as a software update for MY22 models.
Ohhh :eek: well in that case I don't mind if it's the MY2023 or MY2022. I don't really care about the rear wiper or the fifth headrest / bigger tires (you can always upgrade those down the line).

I'm pretty sure you will get a MY23. Also AFAIK one pedal driving is available as a software update for MY22 models.
Having come from a 1 pedal ev car , frankly if mine gets an upgrade for it - FINE - But if it doesn't then I wont be chasing - Unless that Update comes with Other 'Safety Enhancements - Like LFA profile activated - SO I CAN DE-ACTIVATE IT & it stays OFF like I can on the ZS!!!!!'

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back