Maverick2017

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

I'm new to owning a EV having collected the vehicle last week.

I have an issue where i am unable to bind my mobile to the vehicle, as it appears the previous owner still has the vehicle connected to their mobile device.

I have been in touch with the dealership from where the vehicle was purchased to try & get this cleared, in order that i can connect my mobile device to the vehicle.

However, another problem has arisen where when connected to my home charger which is a MyEnergi Zappi, when charging in Eco+ mode i have found that the wall charger shows a Charge Delayed message, the first time i saw this i thought this was due to the fact that my Solar Panels were no longer generating any energy.

After a google search it appears that this is being caused due to a timer being set within the onboard computer/ binded phone account.

Can anyone advise on suggestions.

Paul

Hi All,

I have an issue where i am unable to bind my mobile to the vehicle, as it appears the previous owner still has the vehicle connected to their mobile device.

I have been in touch with the dealership from where the vehicle was purchased to try & get this cleared, in order that i can connect my mobile device to the vehicle.

However, another problem has arisen where when connected to my home charger which is a MyEnergi Zappi, when charging in Eco+ mode i have found that the wall charger shows a Charge Delayed message, the first time i saw this i thought this was due to the fact that my Solar Panels were no longer generating any energy.

After a google search it appears that this is being caused due to a timer being set within the onboard computer/ binded phone account.

Paul
You can switch the timer off using the car screen

Upvote 0
If I can add to this question.. I am getting Zappi installed on this Friday and looking to charge the vehicle at the cheap night rates.. do I need to schedule the charging on Zappi or on the car..?
One or the other definitely not both I prefer to use the timer on the charger then I don't have to think about the timer on the car when I'm out and about (ie forget to switch it off)

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Paul

I have ZSEV LR and Zappi (+solar) - pleased to report they work together in total harmony, it is very satisfying! I may have misunderstood your post but.. the Zappi will display "charge delayed" if it's waiting for solar (depending on your settings). It will kick in when there's enough sun about. I don't have overnight tariff to take advantage of so this not relevant for me currently, however as per above, best practice is definitely let one or the other control whatever you're trying to do, not both. The Zappi is a great bit of kit and will do everything you need, if you simply keep all the timers etc switched off within the veh. Let me know if any further issues, happy to help!

Upvote 0
I have ZSEV LR and Zappi (+solar) - pleased to report they work together in total harmony, it is very satisfying! I may have misunderstood your post but.. the Zappi will display "charge delayed" if it's waiting for solar (depending on your settings). It will kick in when there's enough sun about. I don't have overnight tariff to take advantage of so this not relevant for me currently, however as per above, best practice is definitely let one or the other control whatever you're trying to do, not both. The Zappi is a great bit of kit and will do everything you need, if you simply keep all the timers etc switched off within the veh. Let me know if any further issues, happy to help!
It should show as waiting for surplus if there's not enough solar.. charge delayed I've found on our two cars means the car had refused power from the charger.

A kick in the MG app to start charging sometimes solved it, I've also managed to get it to renegotiate by stopping the charge on Zappi and then putting to max for a second.

I've posted on the MyEnergi forums but they think it's the car.. (Apparently was an issue on the older model ZS which was fixed via a software update)

I've made my settings a little more lenient on the start and stop and have had better success but not as easy as the i3 which coped with a 10sec start and stop period!

Upvote 0
It should show as waiting for surplus if there's not enough solar.. charge delayed I've found on our two cars means the car had refused power from the charger.

A kick in the MG app to start charging sometimes solved it, I've also managed to get it to renegotiate by stopping the charge on Zappi and then putting to max for a second.

I've posted on the MyEnergi forums but they think it's the car.. (Apparently was an issue on the older model ZS which was fixed via a software update)

I've made my settings a little more lenient on the start and stop and have had better success but not as easy as the i3 which coped with a 10sec start and stop period!
Of course - my error. I rarely use anything but eco++, but feel like I do see "charge delayed" sometimes, can't think when though...

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Many Thanks for all the replies

I can confirm that binding between my mobile & the car has now been achieved.

This has been achieved with thanks to the dealership where the car was purchased from.

After identifying the issue I forwarded the details from this forum onto the salesman who contacted the MG Technical department & had the previous binding reset within 7 days.

Regards

Paul

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom