National speed limit = max 60mph

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cars speed sign detection - when it detects the national speed limit sign - warns me if I go over 60mph (flashes in my case) - even on dual carriageways and motorways when the limit is 70mph. Are all ZS EV set up like this?
1613563070302.gif

Mine shows a 70 plate when I'm on the motorway. Haven't paid much attention to dual carriageways, as the ones I've used recently are all restricted to 50.
Motorways are 70 not national speed limit and usually have 70 signs.
National speed limit is 60 on single roads 70 on Dual carriageways.
So the car can read signs but cannot tell whether it is dual or single carriageway.

Motorways are 70 not national speed limit and usually have 70 signs.
National speed limit is 60 on single roads 70 on Dual carriageways.
So the car can read signs but cannot tell whether it is dual or single carriageway.
Motorways don't usually show 70 signs, they just show national speed limit signs, same on dual carriageways. I cannot remember the last time (if ever) I saw a 70 sign.

Does the cars system work in conjunction with the camera and satnav to figure it out?

I don’t think that it does. That would be great of course and would tell difference between single and dual carriageways. On motorways that display the national speed limit sign - that the car picks up - the car warns at 60mph 🙂 the satnav usually shows 70mph As the limit.

You often get "maximum speed" signs on the motorway rather than "national speed limit" signs but both types are common.

I guess it's reading the "national speed limit" sign and assuming that means 60mph but in reality, it depends on the type of road.

1613573380373.png

Motorways don't usually show 70 signs, they just show national speed limit signs, same on dual carriageways. I cannot remember the last time (if ever) I saw a 70 sign.

Does the cars system work in conjunction with the camera and satnav to figure it out?
From memory they used to.
Just check a few (on street view).

Looks like they now have the electronic speed/closed electronic signs or just the blue Motorway sign.
(Our local motorway was the first smart motorway).

It must be an area thing but I hardly ever see a 70mph sign they are all the national speed limit - even those displayed on the overhead signs on the motorway.

You often get "maximum speed" signs on the motorway rather than "national speed limit" signs but both types are common.

I guess it's reading the "national speed limit" sign and assuming that means 60mph but in reality, it depends on the type of road.

View attachment 1556

We have some local roads where the limit changes very frequently, so in 10 miles the same road changes between 60,50,40 and 30 multiple times.
It also has several spots where they park speed trap vans.

Sounds more like you have the speed warning on at 60 mph. Try changing it to 70
It’s not that function - Its the speed sign detection warning - displayed on the left in the central display - the front camera detects and displays the speed sign 🙂

That’s interesting- does it display the national speed limit sign when it does that?

Mine shows a 70 plate when I'm on the motorway. Haven't paid much attention to dual carriageways, as the ones I've used recently are all restricted to 50.
The one aspect I have found is that if the front camera picks up a 40mph sign on a slip road at the side of the dual carriageway it will stay at 40mph until the car passes another 70mph or National speed sign.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom